iPhone Will you be upgrading to the new iPhone?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by F123D, Aug 31, 2012.

  1. F123D macrumors 68040

    F123D

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2008
    Location:
    Del Mar, CA
    #1
    Just wondering what jailbroken iPhone users plan on doing with the release of the next iPhone. Will you be upgrading and using stock iOS until a jailbreak is released? Upgrade once a jailbreak is released? Stick with your current phone?

    As much as I want to upgrade immediately, don't think I could get by without certain tweaks I use on a daily basis. (Lockinfo, SBSettings, Activator, 3G Unrestrictor).
     
  2. Spink10 macrumors 601

    Spink10

    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2011
    Location:
    Oklahoma
    #2
    I will be upgrading - although I rarely use any tweaks now.
     
  3. dhlizard macrumors G4

    dhlizard

    Joined:
    Mar 16, 2009
    Location:
    The Jailbreak Community
    #3
    Of course we will.
    And one can get by a few weeks without a jailbroken iPhone or iPad. Myself and lots of others have done it numerous times.

    And there is always the option to use the iPhone4/4S until a new jailbreak tool is released.
    Or swap the sim back and forth.
     
  4. bAdNitro macrumors member

    bAdNitro

    Joined:
    Aug 17, 2012
    Location:
    Swoyersville, PA
    #4
    All depends on what I can sell my 4S for at the time. If I can get 65%+ of the price of the new phone without contract (possible, yes, practical, probably not) for my 4S, then Yes I will be upgrading. I'm on iOS 6 now anyway. Loving the features, but seriously missing my tweaks and themes. I'll be downgrading before Apple stops signing 5.1.1 to do a fresh restore and JB. Then sell the phone to buy the new one. When the 4S came out I went 4 months+ without a jailbreak. I can wait for the new jailbreak on the new phone.
     
  5. Sital macrumors 68000

    Sital

    Joined:
    May 31, 2012
    Location:
    New England
    #5
    Not upgrading until January. Hopefully a jailbreak will be available by then, but even if it is I may keep it stock for a little while.
     
  6. 3dflyboy1 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2011
    Location:
    California, USA
    #6
    No, because I don't like proprietary systems and can't stand data plans. :cool:
     
  7. cclloyd macrumors 68000

    cclloyd

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2011
    Location:
    Alpha Centauri A
    #7
    I will depending on if I'm able to sell my 4S
     
  8. Kayan macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jul 7, 2010
    Location:
    CA
    #8
    I'll probably wait until all the hoo-ha has died down and keep using my JB iPhone. I'm deciding whether I should keep my current i4 since it is unlocked and I'm off contract, or whether I should sell it to help subsidize the upgrade. I was thinking of just using my JB i4 until iOS6 is JB, then upgrade.
     
  9. Will22 macrumors 65816

    Will22

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2011
    #9
    I's it not better to buy the new iphone as soon as you can if your wanting to JB it because if apple update the software you will be stuck waiting for the JB for that software.
     
  10. master-ceo macrumors 65816

    master-ceo

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2007
    Location:
    The SUN
    #10
    I will buy one but I will not be a first adopter. I will pick one up next year sometime after I buy the iPad 4.
     
  11. F123D thread starter macrumors 68040

    F123D

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2008
    Location:
    Del Mar, CA
    #11
    I guess I meant an untethered jailbreak. If it really was just a few weeks, I wouldn't think twice upgrading immediately.
     
  12. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Oct 9, 2010
    Location:
    NYC
    #12
    I will upgrade if I can figure out how to continue using my grand fathered prepaid unlimited data account like I've did when I upgraded to the iPhone 4.
     

Share This Page