Will you downgrade your texting plan with the release of iMessage?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by r2shyyou, Oct 7, 2011.

1. r2shyyou macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

Will you downgrade your texting plan with the release of iMessage?

I understand that iMessage only works between iPhones updated to iOS 5 and that not everyone has an iPhone or will update it :)eek:) but, with that in mind, what will you do?

I've been using the iOS 5 betas since their initial release and iMessage has been great. I will definitely be downgrading my texting plan.

2. james92se macrumors 6502a

Good luck trying to downgrade. AT&T (shrewdly) did away with all plans except the unlimited plan. IIRC Verizon already only had unlimited. No clue about Sprint

thankfully I'm already on the $5 plan and will be grandfathered in

3. gtmac macrumors 6502a

Family plan with 4 lines, unlimited for $30 is dirt cheap plus they tied unlimited mobile calling to text in AT&T so, NOPE!

4. JTSmeed macrumors member

I previously had the 1500 for $15/month plan and found out that they were getting rid of all limited texting plans. At the time, they still had the 1000 for $10 plan. I downgraded to that plan while it was still available. Since most people that I text have iPhones anyway, I'm glad that I'll be able to save a few bucks a month.

5. r2shyyou thread starter macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

Hmm...maybe the texting plan options are only for those on family plans because I still have a couple of options.

6. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

I say no right now, only because I text folks on VZ and Sprint, also I was going to drop my plan from 1400 to 700 Family min but then I save $20 per month, and lose all my RollOver so decided to keep 1400 even though I only use about 300 since AT&T offered FREE calling to Mobile to Mobile, and I hardly dial a landline anymore except for work.

7. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

No you don't there are only two texting plans for AT&T, both are unlimited, both are $20. Unless you are grandfathered into an older texting plan...

8. haticK macrumors 6502a

haticK

On a family plan and only 2 are iPhones. Other 3 are Android, so no.

9. Justinb51 macrumors 6502

Justinb51

I for one have the unlimited texting plan which also allows me to have free mobile to mobile on any provider. Have to have the unlimited texting to be eligible for the unlimited mobile to mobile. So no I won't get rid of it.

10. kappaknight macrumors 68000

kappaknight

So everyone's situation is different thus making this poll pointless?

/thread

11. supervelous macrumors 6502

Because of my anger at AT&T for eliminating all but unlimited, bc they were afraid of imessage and people downgrading their plans, I am cancelling my text completely, and using Google Voice.

My frequent texting friends (who all have iphones) I will use imessage.

12. r2shyyou thread starter macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

I must be grandfathered into an older plan then.

Sorry for the pointless poll...:eek:

13. miamialley, Oct 7, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2011

miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

As others have said, AT&T saw this coming and did away with the really low tier option I'd like. I'm on the $10 option, which is the lowest I can go.