Will you download iTunes 8?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by 204467, Sep 10, 2008.

?

Are you going to download iTunes 8?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
  2. No, I'm sticking with 7

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. No, I'm waiting for the bug fixes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I already have it

22 vote(s)
    84.6%
  1. 204467 macrumors 6502a

Or are you going to stick to iTunes 7? Or will you stay with 7 until the first bug fixes of 8? Me, I downloaded iTunes 8 for the visualizer (which rocks!) since I really don't care about bugs. What about you guys?

P.S. 10 awesome points for the first person to say where this came from and who said it.

"Smell it. It's like God's vagina."

2. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

Pineapple Express

3. tMac85 macrumors 65816

tMac85

4. 204467 thread starter macrumors 6502a

We have a winner! Did you see that, or did you Google it?

I'm sorry, but how? It's a matter of discussion right now, since some people don't want to download something that just came out and to some isn't even that great. If you think it's pointless, you don't have to post. Though I probably shouldn't have put the last bit in the poll.

5. tMac85 macrumors 65816

tMac85

honestly its more of a software update than a switch to me. most people will just update and they wont even know it. for us mac people we will notice something but other than that we will all download it.

that is why i think its somewhat pointless. cause you are talking to the 1% that are to OCD to switch. thats sorta why you only have 3 posts on this in 3 hours.

just my 2 cents. not being mean just being honest.

6. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

This is a pointless thread. Lock and wasteland.

7. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

8. donga macrumors 6502a

donga

pointless thread... yet, we're still posting in it

i will not dl itunes 8 because i'm still running 10.3 and it requires 10.4 or higher.... anyone have a cheap disc of tiger to sell? :rolleyes:

9. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Re some of the earlier posts, I'm not sure this is a pointless thread, because some of the features on the download are giving rise to annoyance, exhilaration, and anger. Other downloads which are seen as updates have not generated this degree of emotion, in my experience.

Anyway, I downloaded it, and, to a certain extent, regret having done so. Prior to downloading it, I wish I had noted what others were saying concerning that annoying side bar link to iTunes; instead, I saw all of the enthusiastic early responses. My mistake. Here, I must admit I'm not thrilled with the idea of Apple having access to my own personal iTunes library - it contains only music, but the principle of privacy applies, to my mind. Anyway, I have disabled Genius for now. It won't work on my iPod, which is a fifth generation 30 GB, and I dislike the intrusive nature of it.

I'd recommend a fifth - and sixth - category in the poll, namely, those who have downloaded and are not all that happy with the experience (and indeed, those that are).

Cheers