Will you get a new Bumper with your 4s?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by drober30, Oct 6, 2011.

1. drober30 macrumors 6502a

Even if the antennagate issue is resolved, I will be getting a new bumper because I think it's the perfect accessory for my phone.

I like that it makes it easier to hold and helps prevent the phone from slipping out of my hands. It makes it easier to grab out of my pocket. Prevents it from sliding around when set on a surface.

I like the bumper concept.

I heard rumor that Apple was discontinuing them but I have not checked to see if that's true.

2. StoneSoup macrumors member

why in the world would apple d/c the bumper? possibly the best invention ever for cell phones.

3. falconman515 macrumors 6502a

falconman515

Do the new bumpers not leave scratch marks like they did on on my current iphone?

I want to get the bumper again as well but I really dont want another scuff and scratch fest on my metal band like I have right now on the new one.

4. drober30 thread starter macrumors 6502a

That's funny... I couldn't agree more!

----------

I think dust/dirt gets between most cases and the phone which can cause scratches.

However, except for maybe resale, who cares seeing once the bumpers on you don't see the scatches and I never take mine off.

5. UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

Will my old bumper suddenly stop working if I put it on my 4S?!

6. gloryunited macrumors 6502

Does it really protect the iPhone upon dropping, or does it only prevent it from slipping from your hands?

7. ap3604 macrumors 68000

Does the old ATT bumpers still fit the new 4s?

seems like the mute button cutout might be off with the new antenna design...

8. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Never cared for the bumper, neither the look nor the feel of it. To each their own.

As for discontinuing them, the bumpers for the Verizon will fit the 4S but not the old AT&T bumpers. Volume buttons & mute switch are moved a bit (same as the Verizon iPhone 4). If they're discontinued, it's probably just a part number change so packaging will reflect the 4S/4CDMA compatibility.

9. rusty2192 macrumors 6502a

I need to get a new bumper with my new 4S. I really love the bumper style case. It offers just enough grip to keep the phone from sliding and lifts the back off the desk when it is sitting down, all while preserving the beautiful design of the phone. The only issue I have with the bumper is the fact that the cut-out is only fits the new style 30-pin dock connector plugs. I still have a bunch of old style cables around, including the Composite video cable that you can still buy and I hate that you can't use it with the bumper on.

That led me to take out my dremel and make the hole larger. It worked great, but weakened the bottom of the bumper and it has now broken. The only thing holding the bottom edge of the bumper together is one piece of rubber (the top piece of rubber has also broken).

Does anyone know of any other 3rd party cases that are the same style as tbe bumper, but have a larger cut-out for the dock connector?

10. rosemary1 macrumors regular

Is discoloration as big a problem with these as I've read? I'd like to get green if it isn't going to turn black in a few months.

11. Mr.C macrumors 601

Nope. I didn't get one for the 4 and I'm not getting one for the 4S. In my opinion they are useless and a waste of money not to mention they spoil the aesthetics of the phone. They are over priced too.

12. rkahl macrumors 65816

13. Pooshka macrumors 65816

Going naked this time. Plus, most of my female friends tend to get more excited when they see it totally uncovered.

14. ap3604 macrumors 68000

I'll just put on front and back screen protectors. Nothing more since I don't want the metal band being scratched. Makes it harder to resale on CL...

15. Mr.C macrumors 601

Do they give the same reaction with the iPhone ? :D. ;)