Will you get AppleCare+ for new iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Luba, Mar 14, 2012.

?

Will you get AppleCare+ for the new iPad?

1. 16GB WiFi only

9.3%
  2. 16GB with 4G

4.0%
  3. 32GB WiFi only

20.0%
  4. 32GB with 4G

13.3%
  5. 64GB WiFi only

9.3%
  6. 64GB with 4G

29.3%
  7. Not getting AppleCare+

18.7%
  1. Luba macrumors 6502a

Luba

Will Apple replace your iPad with a brand new iPad or a refurbished one, if you accidentally break it?

Where do you think the "break even"/"worth it" point is for AppleCare+? For example, if you get the 16GB WiFi only model, AppleCare+ is 20% ($99/$499), whereas on the 64GB with 4G it's 12% ($99/$829). Perhaps you feel that even at 12% Apple's extended warranty isn't worth it.

Would you forego a protective case and perhaps just go with a smart cover if you get AppleCare+?

2. icydog macrumors member

I always buy Apple Care. Most times I don't need it but when I did boy was t worth it!

3. dieburnbot macrumors 6502a

dieburnbot

You should put in a poll, but my answer is no.

4. gcortes macrumors member

My iPad slipped out of a box I was carrying and dropped to a cement floor. The corner got dented and the front glass shattered, but mostly remained intact. I took it to an Apple Store and they told me they would give me another one for $249, which is half of what I paid for it new. I decided to get the new iPad along with AppleCare instead. If I drop it again, it will cost me $49 to replace it and I can do it twice.

5. Luba thread starter macrumors 6502a

Luba

I need to edit the poll to add in "Will not buy AppleCare+" How do I do that? I can edit my message but not the poll??

6. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B176 Safari/7534.48.3)

Nope. Amex doubles Apple warranty plus won't be keeping more than a year anyway (assuming Apple keeps to this March launch routine) so would be a waste of $.

7. telefoto macrumors newbie

I didn't purchase it when I pre-ordered, however me thinks I might want to.

Can I still order AppleCare+ after the product ships?

8. Luba thread starter macrumors 6502a

Luba

Yes, you have, I believe, 30 days.

9. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

Yes, generally get it for most of my Apple devices. I know the statistics say its not worth it but I think I've used it on at least 75% of my devices, even twice on my current iPhone 4.

10. Aquaduck04 macrumors member

Questionable answers for a yes or no poll question....

11. Luba thread starter macrumors 6502a

Luba

I agree, and I set up the poll. :) First time, I used the poll feature, didn't know my options. Anyway, ideally I would have listed all options, e.g. Will buy 16GB WiFi only with AppleCare, Will Buy 16GB 4G with AppleCare, Will Buy 16GB WiFi only with NO AppleCare, Will Buy 16GB 4G with no AppleCare, then repeat for 32GB, 64GB.

Do you know how to edit poll after it has set up? How would you set up poll? My way would have 12 options! Maybe too many.

12. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

Amex only warranties it against accidental damage/loss/theft for 90 days from the date of purchase. The 1 year is more of a technical issue/defect warranty, I too use Amex for this very reason. One of the nice perks is the extended warranty, not to mention the best rewards system in the industry imo.

13. Aquaduck04 macrumors member

I see. I think I would have just done Yes or No. What's the benefit from breaking it out into the various models? I'd expect the breakdown to be consistent across all models.

14. iMaven macrumors 6502

iMaven

15. Cingular macrumors regular

16. 3dflyboy1 macrumors 6502

17. poloponies macrumors 68030

As noted above the accidental coverage from Amex ends after the first 90 days. In addition there's added value in selling a year-old iPad with a year of warranty remaining. I'd hardly call it a waste of money.

18. rgr555 macrumors 6502

what kind of poll is this, what DIFFERENCE does the MODEL of your iPad 3 make in the poll

You are asking about Apple Care, it should be YES or NO

you fail

19. Luba thread starter macrumors 6502a

Luba

My first poll and it's a failure! I don't know how to edit it, nor take it down. :(

----------

My first poll and it's a failure! I don't know how to edit it, nor take it down. :(

Help! I am getting yelled at here!

20. jpcarro macrumors 6502

jpcarro

The difference in the models is obviously the cost. I may not pay $99 for AppleCare+ on a base model, but would for a top model. There needs to be a "no" option though.

21. Luba thread starter macrumors 6502a

Luba

I fail, the poll fails, but not for that reason. AppleCare is $99 no matter the model you get from the $499 model all the way up to $829. The point of the poll is to find out which model people think AppleCare is worth it. I would many getting at the $829 and fewer at $499.

I needed a "Not getting AppleCare+" option, but I guess you can't edit once the poll is up. But I can't even take it down to start over!!

22. jpcarro macrumors 6502

jpcarro

Mods can change it for you on request.

23. Photography macrumors 65816

Photography

No, I won't be getting AppleCare. I already have an alternate insurance coverage plan in the event my iPad is lost, damaged, or stolen.

24. Luba thread starter macrumors 6502a

Luba

To the Moderators:

To the Moderators:

I'd like to edit this poll I created. It's my first time creating a poll and I didn't set it up with enough options. AppleCare is $99 no matter the model you get from the $499 model all the way up to $829, so the point of the poll is to find out which model people think AppleCare would be worth it. I would think more people would get AppleCare for the $829 model and fewer at $499 model.

I needed a "Not getting AppleCare+" option, ideally I would have listed all options, e.g. Will buy 16GB WiFi only with AppleCare, Will Buy 16GB 4G with AppleCare, Will Buy 16GB WiFi only with NO AppleCare, Will Buy 16GB 4G with no AppleCare, then repeat for 32GB, 64GB models, but that would create 12 options perhaps hitting a limit.

Please edit the poll soon, as some forum members are yelling at me and angry at the poorly constructed poll. Thanks.

25. Photography macrumors 65816

Photography

To notify the moderators that you would like to have your poll edited, please click on the "Report Post" button underneath your username in the initial post (it's the red and white exclamation mark icon). Indicate the new changes you would like to have in your poll.