Will You Get the New iPhone If It's Available This Week?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MICHAELSD, Jun 5, 2010.

  1. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

    MICHAELSD

    Joined:
    Jul 13, 2008
    Location:
    NJ
    #1
    For the past three iPhone releases, Apple released the new model a few weeks after its official announcement. There have been some rumors that Apple will release the new iPhone that likely will be announced Monday immediately afterwards (probably Tuesday in that case). It would make sense if Apple wants to make the device available as quickly as possible rather than having hype build up on its own since we already know a lot about the supposed next iPhone.

    I have bought every iPhone model within the first two days it was released (with the exception of caving into buying the original iPhone after two weeks). I still need to sell my iPhone 3GS, but I'd like to purchase my new iPhone before shipping it out since this year I can't be without an iPhone for a few days (or weeks), so I'll need to know the release date of the new iPhone so I'm not waiting weeks after send a buyer my iPhone 3GS.

    I'd like Apple to announce the release date as being in late June or early July. Including the benefit above, there are others. One of them is that case manufacturers can have new cases available for pre-order and can fine tune their cases for the release date. I'm highly considering a vaja case, especially since the new iPhone should have a very scratch-resistant back, so I can pull my iPhone in and out without worrying about it as much when I have it out of the case. Since vaja takes at least a month on average to get a case to you, I can order a case in advance and have it in time.

    It always seemed to pay off to have consumers wait a few weeks to buy a new iPhone, so I actually hope that Apple doesn't end that trend. I like to be in the launch frenzy, but I like selling my previous iPhone and buying or being able to consider a few nearly perfect cases first. That being said, I likely won't buy the new iPhone this week if it's released (though I will by the end of the month).
     
  2. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

    ajohnson253

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2008
    #2
    To long to read so I'm going to answer the question that this thread is titled. No I won't get it because I haven't sold my 3GS yet. I haven't posted it for sale though either.
     
  3. manjaap macrumors member

    Joined:
    May 9, 2006
    #3
    totally will. been saving up for a while know.
     
  4. Goaliegeek macrumors 6502a

    Goaliegeek

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2009
    Location:
    Colorado
    #4
    lol, yea too much. I skimmed.

    Hell freaking yes I am. As soon as the Apple Store comes back up and you can pre-order, I'm buying myself a 16GB white. Gonna have my credit card ready. Getting $100 from my friend on tuesday and giving him my iPhone when I get my iPhone 4.
     
  5. Cougarcat macrumors 604

    Joined:
    Sep 19, 2003
    #5
    The sooner I get rid of this Razr, the better.
     
  6. spyda macrumors 6502a

    spyda

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2009
    #6
    The iPhone was released 11 days after WWDC last year, but okay.
     
  7. Nikos macrumors 68000

    Nikos

    Joined:
    Nov 20, 2008
    Location:
    New York
  8. Luiis81 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 3, 2010
    #8
    He'll yes i would buy this week! How can you sit there on your old iPhone knowing that this incredible new phone is out there?

    Im hoping to hear "the new iPhone - available today, this afternoon, etc. " and then the whole conference room clears out!

    To heck with selling an old iPhone, i would get in line immediately!
     
  9. MICHAELSD thread starter macrumors 68040

    MICHAELSD

    Joined:
    Jul 13, 2008
    Location:
    NJ
    #9
    I thought it was more like two weeks, but you're right. I remember pre-ordering it around three days after I could, then receiving it two weeks later (I did receive it on release day). I guess it just felt like longer of s wait than it was.
     
  10. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

    Maverick1337

    Joined:
    Nov 4, 2008
    #10
    Yes I will. I'm getting so tired of how slow my 3G is at playing video games. A lot of games lag like crazy and its terrible. I can't wait until everything is BAM INSTANT!
     
  11. Djlild7hina macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Mar 28, 2009
    #11
    i hope i can.. would be awesome if it was factory unlocked 64gb white... wishful thinking though ahaha
     
  12. AMcBroom81 macrumors regular

    AMcBroom81

    Joined:
    Jul 8, 2008
    Location:
    Mt. Carmel, IL
  13. AAPLaday Guest

    AAPLaday

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2008
    Location:
    Manchester UK
    #13
    At first i was like yeah but now im thinking of getting an iPad and a different mobile. If i don't get an iPad however i will definitely get a new iPhone.
     
  14. alphaod macrumors Core

    alphaod

    Joined:
    Feb 9, 2008
    Location:
    NYC
    #14
    I left the Apple Store with the possibility that my iPhone 3GS will be fixed. If the 4th gen is released before my iPhone is fixed, I'll probably get it. If it can't be fixed I will get the updated device. If it's fixed and the new phone isn't out, then no upgrades for me.
     
  15. azsprty macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 15, 2009
    #15
    I'm using a horrible pay as you go phone, soooooo....YES
     
  16. tungstentim macrumors regular

    tungstentim

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2007
    #16
    I hope they announce that we can buy it in the UK straight away and we'll get them this Friday.

    Other people have been commenting that no boxes have been turning up at any stores yet, but apple would only have to ship them to stores for Tuesday or later for us the get them this week.
     
  17. azsprty macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 15, 2009
    #17
    I'm still planning on the 18th here in the states
     
  18. iTzChasE macrumors 6502

    iTzChasE

    Joined:
    Dec 31, 2008
    #18
    Yeah, I'll buy. I know for a FACT that I can sell my 3Gs for more than $200 even AFTER the new iPhone comes out.




    [Oh, and as I type this my iPhone is Restoring so It will be all "Clean" when I decide to sell it. I will re-jailbreak though for MyWi and so I can make a little more money when I do sell it.]
     
  19. walds11 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    May 30, 2010
    Location:
    Philly, PA
    #19
    As soon as Apple makes it available for pre-order, I am all over it. I don't need to sell my 3GS to fund anything. The 3GS is going to my wife anyways.
     
  20. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    May 29, 2010
    #20
    No....Since I already have the 3GS that is less than 2 months old, I plan on updating the OS, and seeing how I like it first before I put money into getting the new one.
     
  21. rkswat macrumors regular

    Joined:
    May 11, 2010
    #21
    Yep, I'll pre order mine as soon as I can. I'll be keeping my 3gs so no need to sell that.
     
  22. GollumBoy macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jan 31, 2010
    Location:
    Chesterfield, UK
    #22
    Yup, I'll be there at O2 on launch day :D As I did for 3G and 3GS.

    Hoping for a 64GB, filled my 32GB on day one lol!
     
  23. JonnyIreland macrumors 6502a

    JonnyIreland

    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2010
    Location:
    Toronto, Canada
    #23
    Same here, I'll be buying on launch day provided that there is a non-contract handset available for purchase (in UK) :apple:
     
  24. iPhone3GCrazed macrumors 6502

    iPhone3GCrazed

    Joined:
    Jul 10, 2008
  25. engelke2010 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Mar 28, 2010
    #25
    I can't upgrade until July 2nd, so I won't getting the new phone until then.

    I just went to the Apple site and checked my upgrade price. It said if I got the 3G now, it would cost -$101 and if I waited until July 2nd, it would be -$301. Hmmm... Maybe I will wait until then and get another 3G and have Apple (or ATT) pay me $301 to get the phone! ;)
     

Share This Page