Will you get the new keyboard?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hohohong, Aug 9, 2007.

?

Will u get the new keyboard?

1. Yes, I'll get the USB version.

32.9%
  2. Wireless version

19.0%
  3. Nope!

20.3%
  4. Hmmmm,... maybe?

27.8%
  1. hohohong macrumors 6502

I ordered the wireless,... it's a replacement anyway,....

2. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

wired, maybe. i wouldn't get the wireless one, because the only reason i would buy an external keyboard is so i can use big arrow keys and a number pad.

3. hohohong thread starter macrumors 6502

Do u think apple will release a 2nd wireless keyboard with number pad?

4. creator2456 macrumors 68000

creator2456

I won't be getting one partially because I recently got a new BT Apple Kb. Also, I can't live without the side number pad and the wired is out of the question as well.

5. spencers macrumors 68020

spencers

I don't plan on it. Built in keyboard works fine :D

6. shamrock593 macrumors regular

Will it work with Windows XP (just the wired version)?

Ta.

7. powermac_daddy macrumors 6502

powermac_daddy

i'd get the wire one. the wireless one is kinda like, "hello... where is the number pad?"

they should have a wireless with number pad...

8. aswitcher macrumors 603

aswitcher

9. hohohong thread starter macrumors 6502

Since the wireless doesn't have number pad, hence shorter, it should be more portable. So, maybe this will be a portable wireless KB?

If so, any idea where i would be able to get a sleeve for the wireless KB?

10. AmpCoder macrumors 6502

I purchased the old Wireless Keyboard on August 4th and I have been completely happy with it. After seeing the new one, I have no reason to order it, mainly because this one is so much better.

11. Badradio macrumors 6502

I've been waiting for a new Mac keyboard for a while now as I really don't like typing on the existing model. I'm going to check one out tonight (hopefully) and will be buying if the key action is even slightly better.

12. timmillwood macrumors 6502a

I will be getting the wired keyboard, i cant see the point in the wireless one, 1. no number pad, 2. it needs batteries, its not hard to plug it in.

I hope to get one tomorrow from AT Computers, Cardiff, Wales, UK but dont know if they have them in.

all i need then is an iCurve and monitor

13. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

I have ordered a wired one from Apple (UK) but demand has exceeded supply and there is a two week (approx) wait. Estimated delivery 22 Aug. .. :(

14. AdeFowler macrumors 68020

AdeFowler

I'm in no hurry but I will eventually order a wired version.

15. iNeko macrumors regular

I ordered the wired one from the Apple Store (UK) as soon as the store came back up, it's packing at the moment - as much as I like this Apple Pro keyboard, the new one matches my Mac Mini so much better, plus I like the style of the Macbook keyboard

16. polycat33 macrumors 6502

I think it's lame that it has no number pad, although it's smaller, I wouldn't ever take it anywhere so I don't need it to be portable! I think it would be smart for Apple to sell one with a number pad as well. I wouldn't want to get a wired one, I LOVE having wireless keyboard and mouse so I can just pick up my MBP and go without unplugging stuff. Also, the keys are so much like the MB's, and half the reason for getting an external keyboard is because it's better for you if you type alot, avoiding carpel tunnel and such... but if you have an external keyboard that's exactly like a laptop keyboard that kinda defeats the purpose, in my opinion. However, I've never typed on an MB... but laptop keyboards in general tend to be bad for you if you type a lot on them.

17. noone macrumors regular

noone

When I found out that the wireless keyboard did not have the number pad, two thoughts came to mind:

1) They will re-design it with a number pad and/or add a second model with one

2) They will sell a dedicated number pad similar to this from Logitech's diNovo line.
    [​IMG]

This way, you get the portability that we want/Apple thinks we want, yet with your dedicated number pad at your desk. They could take it one step further and make it a multimedia remote, allowing you to control iTunes, DVD Player, etc. from across the room. Think the Apple remote with more functionality. Make it all Multi-Touch (or at least the screen) and add another level of control and personalization.

18. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

I'll be getting the wireless, once it's available in stores. I don't mind there's no numeric keypad since it'll basically be identical to the MBP keyboard I'm typing on.

19. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

My USB keyboard is out for delivery today :D (along with iLife 08)

20. vicious7 macrumors 6502a

vicious7

I will likely pick up the usb version. I wan't to go to the Apple Store and try it out first. If the key action is good and its quieter than the old KB, then I'll buy one.

Design-wise, it seems to go well with the look of the pro series computers.

21. kulcha macrumors newbie

22. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

i could really see apple doing this. it wouldn't be the first time apple made a separate numeric keypad (pic below), though it would be the first time apple sells a standalone keypad. i still don't think it will happen, but i wouldn't be surprised if it did. regardless, i just bought a keyboard (wired), and i'm hoping to receive it soon next week. yay!

[​IMG]

23. G-Force macrumors 6502a

I will buy it if my current keyboard (white Apple keyboard with USB ports) doesn't work anymore. But I have no plans to buy it.