will you go to att(or what ever carrier) or apple?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by goobot, Jun 6, 2010.

?

att(other carrier) or apple?

1. att

18 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. other carrier

4 vote(s)
    7.4%
  3. apple

32 vote(s)
    59.3%
  1. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

im not too sure. for my 3g i went to apple just cause, and for the 3gs att cause apple couldnt give me my 200 price. i might reserve at both just in case. also does anyone know if apple is still having these problems with the pricing?

2. 01jamcon macrumors 6502a

01jamcon

3. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

I'll always go to the Apple store. I've just had too many stories and BS lies from ATT employees to trust them any longer.
    No, this isn't a slam on them. Its just my personal preference after the information and treatment I've received from ATT.

And besides, the Apple store has more goodies!

4. elephunkman macrumors 65816

ATT to get my upgrade sorted out because my local manager put a notation on my account and everything. Apple afterwards for accessories.

5. aristobrat macrumors G5

Even when you buy from Apple, AT&T sets the price. It happens right after Apple asks for your SSN and AT&T billing zipcode. Their systems talk with AT&T, and AT&T returns the price to Apple that they're allowed to sell you an iPhone for.

As long as AT&T and Apple's systems are both up and communicating (which wasn't the case with the initial 3G launch), and your information is correct on AT&T's end, you shouldn't have any pricing problems at Apple.

But yeah, if your AT&T account requires manual intervention and notes being added by AT&T managers regarding your eligibility, you're probably better off going to AT&T for the upgrade.

6. goobot thread starter macrumors 603

goobot

weird cause the 3gs launch i had problems.

7. elephunkman macrumors 65816

That's me!

8. InvalidBassist macrumors regular

InvalidBassist

I have to go to an AT&T store to get my phone number transferred (Original iPhone user with a GoPhone plan finally upgrading to a "real" plan).

9. aristobrat macrumors G5

I didn't meant to say that 100% of people had no problems with the 3GS, it's just that 95% of the people in line for the 3G had problems (at least the first few hours after they went on sale). :)

10. OOC macrumors member

If what's shown tomorrow persuades me towards an iPhone instead of an EVO, I'll head over to the Apple store and purchase one.

However I'd need to visit the local ATT store to switch my number. Probably would wait a couple days until the heat dies down.

11. aristobrat macrumors G5

FWIW, the Apple Store can port your number over if you buy an iPhone from there. It's an automated system they use.

12. S1njin macrumors 6502a

S1njin

Exactly what I need to do. I already went to my local ATT store to give them my contact info. As soon as they know they can pre-order, I'm getting it lined up through them. Time for my GoPhone Razr number to have a better home.

13. elephunkman macrumors 65816

I remember the minute I left the store, the servers went down. I know that because I came back from starbucks to use the bathroom and asked why nobody is doing anything.

14. OOC macrumors member

Kill two birds with one stone, I like it!

15. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

I had no issues during the 3Gs launch. Don't recall hearing about any either.

16. Maverick713 macrumors 6502

My current plan is to preorder online and depending on the release date will determine if I do delivery or in store pickup

17. fishmoose macrumors 68000

Well, we don't have AT&T or Apple Store's here so I'll just go to my carriers store, which I did for my iPhone 3G. I bet I'll be first in line :D Not that big of a town in a small country.

18. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

Probably AT&T; I'm not sure where an Apple store even is around here. There's an AT&T store about 2 minutes away, though.

19. cobie454 macrumors regular

cobie454

20. goobot thread starter macrumors 603

goobot

missed this. i think thats what att did for all 3g to 3gs users last year. so i should be good for the apple store:D