Will you install Lion the day it's available?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by palmerc2, Jul 2, 2011.

  1. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

    palmerc2

    Joined:
    Feb 29, 2008
    Location:
    Los Angeles
    #1
    Just curious what people have to say about this.

    I'm not going to, I can wait a couple of weeks. In that time I'm sure there will be tons of reviews on it, and there will probably be some bugs from the start.
     
  2. SR71 macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2011
    Location:
    Boston, MA
    #2
    I'll wait a few days after it's release until I install it.
     
  3. Typswif2fingers macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Feb 17, 2010
    Location:
    Dubai, UAE
    #3
    I've been using Macs since December 2009. Current version of the Mac OS X was well established at the time I started using it.

    But, when Safari 5 came out one of the mates at work told me not to download it until all the bugs are out of the system, to wait for 5.1 or even 5.2.

    I nodded my head and agreed with him just to go home and download Safari 5... And indeed.. there were some bugs with it, and I thought that should be the lesson for me to wait for "stable releases".

    Now, time has passed, lessons have been forgotten and... well.. I'm a sucker for the new things so.. I will download it as soon as I can... and then will probably be here crying... :)
     
  4. canadianpj macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2008
    #4
    I'll be installing it the moment it's released. Nothing I do really requires me to wait, I can work through whatever issues, if any. I'll make one last SuperDuper backup prior to upgrade and go.
     
  5. Mrguidogenio macrumors regular

    Mrguidogenio

    Joined:
    Jun 4, 2011
    Location:
    Argentina
    #5
    Unlikely, but I won't wait until 10.7.1 as I have a Carbon Copy Cleaner backup in case I want to go back.
     
  6. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

    wrldwzrd89

    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2003
    Location:
    Solon, OH
    #6
    I will install it right away, on two Macs... despite the fact that some of the applications I rely on for productivity don't work in Lion yet; hence why I kept my other Mac around, for things like this.
    EDIT: Should mention that said second Mac has its drive partitioned into three: one for Leopard, one for Snow Leopard, and one for Lion.
     
  7. Vudoo macrumors 6502a

    Vudoo

    Joined:
    Sep 30, 2008
    Location:
    Dallas Metroplex
    #7
    I will install it on my wife's MacBook Air, but not on my MBP. I have photo editing software that may not be compatible.
     
  8. AdrianK macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2011
    #8
    Fo' shizzle.

    Got everything on my MBP's HDD copied to an external drive read for a format =D
     
  9. alerus macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 5, 2009
    #9
    Until someone releases a hack to bring back all windows expose, I will not be updating. Even then I might not due to spaces. If a hack for both all windows expose and the original spaces both become available, then I'll have no issues and update immediately.
     
  10. LukeHarrison macrumors regular

    LukeHarrison

    Joined:
    May 11, 2007
    Location:
    Selby, UK
  11. MacBookPro13" macrumors 6502a

    MacBookPro13"

    Joined:
    Jan 25, 2011
    Location:
    Ireland
    #11
    Installed it now and the only downside is the slow shutdown.
     
  12. Stuipdboy1000 macrumors 6502a

    Stuipdboy1000

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2007
    Location:
    Perth, Scotland, UK
    #12
    I'm likely to be away on holiday when it gets released, but as soon as I get home I'll be hitting that 'Buy' button!
     
  13. iHateMacs macrumors 6502a

    iHateMacs

    Joined:
    Aug 13, 2008
    Location:
    Coventry, UK
    #13
    Yes on my home machine, but on my Macbook Pro I use for work I won't. In fact I may just keep SL on there. It does the job and I don't get time to play with it so I probably wouldn't benefit from the new bits. I use one app that needs rosetta too so that would delay things anyway on that machine.
     
  14. BigJohno macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Jan 1, 2007
    Location:
    San Francisco
    #14
    Yes I will. I have the GM but I want to support Apple so I am waiting to do a full install of Lion when it comes out.
     
  15. Yamcha macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Mar 6, 2008
    #15
    I already installed it on my Hackintosh!! Its awesome, I love it... and the process was super easy..
     
  16. iWonderwhy macrumors 6502

    iWonderwhy

    Joined:
    Apr 3, 2010
    #16
    I'd imagine that the servers would be rather busy on the day of it's release, and with my slow internet connection it'll be extremely laggy, so I'll probably wait a day or two.
     
  17. Biolizard macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    May 20, 2008
    Location:
    London, United Kingdom
    #17
    I'm a Fusion user so will wait until VMware say it's safe before I upgrade. Hopefully won't be too long as I'd have thought there was more change in the lower system levels between Leopard and SL than SL and Lion.
     
  18. TheGdog macrumors 6502

    TheGdog

    Joined:
    Sep 4, 2010
    Location:
    North Carolina, USA
    #18
    I will wait to see if there are any huge issues. Need my macbook for school and work. I remember when my parents upgraded to SL. lol They could not print and I had to swap some printer related directories from the old leopard disk. Then it would not scan.

    However it does seem like Lion is fairly ready to go, so it may be just a few days before I hit download or weeks depending on the reports that I hear.

    Short answer: No :)
     
  19. Cinder6 macrumors 6502

    Cinder6

    Joined:
    Jul 9, 2009
    #19
    I'm probably jinxing it, but I've never had a single issue with upgrading OS X on day 1 of a new release, so I'll get Lion as soon as it's available. Besides, school is out right now, and I don't need it for work.
     
  20. TheGdog macrumors 6502

    TheGdog

    Joined:
    Sep 4, 2010
    Location:
    North Carolina, USA
    #20
    Funny how I did not inherently think about that. This is the first time I have upgraded a computer without a CD. But even on my not so fast internet, it still is a shorter wait than shipping it or even driving to the :apple: store.
     
  21. Mac-Rumours, Jul 2, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2011

    Mac-Rumours macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2010
    #21
    If you rely on your Mac for anything then it's not the best idea to install until 10.7.2. Having said that, if you want to try it out on another partition/drive then why not install as soon as it's let out of it's cage!
     
  22. Merthyrboy macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2008
    #22
    I'm going to be upgrading on day 1. Hopefully download times won't be huge but they probably will.
     
  23. roadbloc macrumors G3

    roadbloc

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2009
    Location:
    UK
    #24
    Maybe. Depends if I'm busy or not. I'll probably wait a week or so and read some bug lists before I do.
     
  24. ovrlrd macrumors 65816

    ovrlrd

    Joined:
    Aug 29, 2009
    #25
    10.8.2? Wow that is couple years away, that's a long time to wait.
     

Share This Page