Will you recommend Bluetooth module

pbagaindoc

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 8, 2005
dying to switch to mac, will you recommend bluetooth (wireless keyboard and mouse) or just stick with standard for my Power Mac. Is this powered by a rechargable battery. Please someone tell me how this work! Thank you in advance! :)

finalcoolman

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2005
Yes, if you go BTO definantly get Bluetooth, you don't need to get the mouse keyboard right away, you can always get it later but definantly get Bluetooth, it's like the cheapest option avaialble. It keeps your possibilities open in the future for your Mac!

mduser63

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
I highly recommend the internal BlueTooth module (whether or not you get the wireless mouse/keyboard). It is slightly more expensive than an add-on USB dongle, but it's MUCH MUCH more convenient. I use my internal BlueTooth with a cell phone, as well as for easy computer to computer file transfers.

student_trap

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2005
'Ol Smokey, UK
bluetooth is one of those things that you think you won't be too moved by untill you use it. Also, why spoil the aesthetics of a mac (and loose a usb port) by wacking a bluetooth dongle thingy on the side!

Solafaa

macrumors 6502a
I would recommend it, if you decide you want a bluetooth get the internal one. I have used the external ones and have had some problems with it. I dont use bluetooth keyboard or mouse but just bec i bluetooth mouses are a bit slower then normals ones and that extra speed helps me for WoW :)