Will you renew .Mac?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by GuillaumeB, Jun 9, 2008.

1. GuillaumeB macrumors 6502

GuillaumeB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

i sincerely have ni idea. My renewal is due on July 10th and i believe me.com will be lauched on the 11th...

Though it looks appealing, i wonder if the iDisk Will still be slow...

Ive gotten used to enjoy dropbox's speed.

2. italiano40 macrumors 65816

italiano40

mine is up july 6 and i am going to try the 60 day free trial and see how i like it

3. yoppie macrumors 6502a

Before today's keynote, I would not have given .Mac a look. However, I just signed up for the 60-day trial and will give it a spin and see where it goes from there.

I mainly did it to reserve a .mac e-mail address in case everyone says the new service is worth it. Looks good, can't wait to access it on my iPhone.

4. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

i will. mine goes out early august, and i will renew.

5. hotzenplotz macrumors regular

I'll definitely renew my subscription. With the "cloud" features, I'll be sitting pretty nice.

6. David G. macrumors 65816

7. DJAznSensation macrumors member

DJAznSensation

i'm highly considering getting a 3G iPhone and with the features of Me.com, all the purchases of the iPhone/service plan, and Me.com itself seems like its worth it all

:apple: DJ Asian Sensation

8. sananda macrumors 68020

i'd renew if idisk were fast enough for me to use some of that storage space.

9. ert3 macrumors 6502a

ert3

as long as the quality of service and web hosting does not decline then I will.

10. benlee macrumors 65816

benlee

I don't use .Mac's features all that much. I mainly got it for the .mac email (which I use as a "safe" email). However, I wish I used more of the features. I think with the tight integration of the iPhone I will use the features of me.com. (still don't like the name, we'll see).

I just wish more of my friends and family were technologically literate.

11. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

This should be a poll. And yes I will 2/2009. ;)

12. DJAznSensation macrumors member

DJAznSensation

i agree... the new name is pretty lame and wished they kept it the same

the name seems very self-centered/conceded, like its all about ME ME ME lol
    hope that makes sense

:apple: DJ Asian Sensation

13. Nuc macrumors 6502a

Nuc

Yes I will renew. They could have chosen another name instead of .me and cloud. What's up with cloud, sounds cheesy like MS would do.

Nuc

14. a1dipship macrumors regular

i will renew now. its just nice having a complete package - iweb/web hosting, idisk, backups, email, calender, syncing etc etc - all made by the same company that makes the os & hardware. it just makes everything easy for the average user in my opinion.

i was thinking of moving to a free email service from next year when my .mac sub ends but over the last few months im just thinking why? this gives me a variety of services & flexibility on demand.

and 20gb online whenever i need it is great.

and i might be wrong but i think the price here in the UK has dropped from £69 to £59? i might be wrong but im sure it was 69 when i renewed.

ill be keeping it.

£1.135 per week is something i can live with :D

15. pjrobertson macrumors 6502a

Anybody know if people that have already had a 60 day trial of .mac will get another 60 day trial of mebile me?

I hope I can renew my demo :p

16. GuillaumeB thread starter macrumors 6502

GuillaumeB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

i am hoping to see google coming up with an iPhone app taking advantage if the push technology to open a continuous connexion between my iPhone and my webbased data. After all, jobs said that the push technology would be available to all programs in the SDK...

17. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Mine is due for renewal on December 23. I will NOT be renewing, as the only part of .Mac I actually use now is online bookmark viewing, and since MobileMe is taking that feature away... :(:mad:

18. David G. macrumors 65816

File a complaint.

19. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

I just renewed. However, if me.com doesn't provide iDisk backups on Time Machine by next time around, I'll probably start looking for other ways to get the few .mac services I actually use.

20. krye macrumors 68000

krye

21. bugfaceuk macrumors 6502

bugfaceuk

I absolutely will renew. For me I feel like I've made a 2 year investment for waiting for Apple to make it "worth it", and it looks to me like July 11th it will. The last bump was good, this one looks better.

Mine has plenty of time to run, but for the first time it will be a no-brainer for me.

22. aethelbert macrumors 601

I will renew for sure, but 3 April 2009 is a long way off to be thinking about forking out another $106.

23. whynot83706 macrumors 6502

whynot83706

So is it going to be @me.com or @mobileme.com........I dont know why did they change @mac.com, it was a cool name.

It maybe a side topic but currently I have a single account and I am interested in upgrading to the family pack. So will i still have 20GB for the E-mail and share space or it is going to be be 5gb of email and storage space for all the users including the primary user?

24. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

It's me.com, we've known that for a while. The storage I believe they said was going to be 20GB shared plus 5GB for each account on the Family Pack.

jW

25. whynot83706 macrumors 6502

whynot83706

This is what they have
    http://www.apple.com/mobileme/pricing/

"Individual
    One-year subscription
    $99
    An individual membership comes with 20GB of combined email and file storage, 200GB of monthly data transfer, and full access to everything MobileMe has to offer."

and

Family Pack
    One-year subscription
    $149
    The Family Pack includes one individual account plus four Family Member accounts, each with its own email address, 5GB of combined email and file storage, and 50GB of monthly data transfer."

Does anyone have a family pack currently? Does it look the same? It is going to suck if I as the primary go from 20GB to 5GB of space.