Will you stay with O2 or go with Orange?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Iphone3gs, Nov 12, 2009.

?

Will you stay with O2 or go with Orange?

1. I will stay with O2

66.0%
  2. I will go with Orange

12.8%
  3. another network which is cheaper

6.4%
  4. Other

14.9%
  1. Iphone3gs macrumors 6502

Will you stay with O2 or go with Orange or any other network...as rumours have it..Iphone will be comming to all networks by next year.

2. Pixellated macrumors 65816

I am keeping my existing iPhone and trotting over to Vodafone.

3. DenniZ macrumors 6502a

Staying with O2, with all little problems all networks have considered, it's the cheapest, depending on how you do things.

At the moment, O2, don't charge for video calls, MMS or call diverts.

So currently on a £20 simplicity contract after all this time with my iPhone 3G, 600 mins, 1200 texts and unlimited internet.

4. alexph macrumors regular

At present am running with pioggyback card on VF. Will stay with them since I get 600 mins, 1200 and data for less than £25 a month. Dont use anything like that, so will be c hanging SIM only plans that give 200 mins, unlimited texts, international from 5p per min and data all under £25 a month

Just waiting for unlock code and i can remove piggyback and update OS to latest version

Alex

5. srob030869 macrumors member

srob030869

may hold back until vodafone or three get the iphone

6. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

I'll stay, I actually like O2 , and their Customer Service, who have always been really helpful when I've needed them.

And where I live i have good 3G reception.

I got the official unlock, but that's only so I can put a local SIM in when abroad.

7. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Even though i'm pissed they won't unlock my phone despite being in the same situation as the above poster, i'll be staying with O2, i have a great tariff and they have great voice coverage wherever i happen to be and i get a significant discount on O2 broadband which has been a godsend for me.

They also sent my brother chocolate this morning so....

8. Steve Jobs=God macrumors 6502

So? iPhone can't make video calls

9. longdogs macrumors regular

I'll be unlocking and heading to Vodafone, for the simple reason that it's the only carrier I can get at home. Even if I could get no Vodafone signal, I'd be joining them and getting a femtocell - if o2 did them I'd be staying with them.

10. cap'njack macrumors member

I get a 30% discount on my line rental with O2 so I'll be sticking with O2 for the forseable future :D

11. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

I'll probably go on Simplicity when my contract ends in January then wait until the new iPhone is released next summer before making my mind up who to go with next.

I'm currently on the O2 £30 contract and Orange has more minutes and texts for the same price. I'll wait and see what Vodafone does at the same price and see what feedback we get off iPhone users on the new networks.

It's nice to have the choice though. :)

12. RA19 macrumors regular

Had an iPhone 3G since launch (best gadget ever!! - well 3GS I got now is the best). My girlfriend just upgraded on Orange - no visual voicemail and for the network with the best 3G coverage (they claim & lots of posters here agree) her reception at home (suburb of Reading, Berks. UK) is crap - phone keeps searching network signal, whereas my O2 reception is good. So, looks like I may stay with O2 when unlock comes through in January. The new Sky TV 3 months free trial offer available now with O2 is a draw too - free Sky & ESPN footy over the Christmas period & the streaming quality on wifi is brilliant!
    :D

13. dallardice macrumors regular

I will be changing network - I get no O2 reception at home, which is in Central London (Zone 1), and I only get intermittent EDGE reception (no 3G) at work, which is also Central London (Zone 1). My partner also has an iPhone 3G, so I know its not a problem with my phone.

Probably going to Vodafone, since I got good reception at home when I used to be on Voda (and as someone said above you have the femtocell option to help things along), but once my phone is unlocked I'm going to get some PAYG SIMs to check current reception where it matters before deciding which network to go with long-term. I'll look at tariffs, but the best tariff in the world is no good if I can't use the phone...

14. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

I always use 30 day rolling contracts and O2 give much better deals than Orange so . . .

For the last 6 months I was in the UK I actually switched to T-Mobile for a better deal than O2 at the same price, but T-Mobile do annoying little things to screw money out of you like charging for CS.

15. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

Orange's PAYG tariff's are awful compared to O2, so I'm sticking with O2 despite their poorer 3G network.

First and foremost the iPhone is a phone, and I need to be able to call friends and family, and most of all my wife.

99% of the people in my life are on O2 and for £15 a month I get Unlimited O2 to O2 calls and texts, with my 12 months free/unlimited data on top of that simply for buying an iPhone.

Orange's Dolphin, Racoon, etc PAYG tariff's are very, very poor in comparison.

16. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

Wow, thanks, I hadn't seen that offer till you mentioned it there. Have now signed up :D

17. LGShepherd macrumors regular

I will wait and decide in July if a new model is released. I have had no issues with o2 and get a great 3G signal where I live.

One thing I was wondering was, what will o2's upgrade policy be now Orange and eventually, Vodafone and T Mobile are selling the device? I work for Orange and we are always told that the company doesn't make money off the customer until they renew. If o2 do nothing to retain my business then I will probably mooch to Voda, Orange or T Mobile out of principle.

18. The Phazer macrumors 68030

Probably going to Voda - their network is so, so much better than O2's.

Phazer

19. Inked macrumors regular

Staying with O2 as I get a discount on my line rental through work.