will you still store media locally??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aggiesrwe03, Jul 7, 2010.

1. aggiesrwe03 macrumors regular

with apps like idisk and rhapsody will you still store movies and music on your phone? now that idisk allows you to stream video I have freed some valuable space on my iphone 4 anyone else planning to do the same? how about if Apple releases a wireless sync option for itunes or better yet wireless syncing with the option to stream, will there really even be a need other than car trips to BFE to store things locally? whats your opinion?

2. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

I travel a lot and Wi-Fi on flights is extremely expensive. So, yes, I will store my media locally.

3. drewby macrumors member

drewby

I've been thinking about signing up for MobileMe lately, and these new updates have me thinking more and more about it.

4. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

Same here. You can actually get quite a bit of video on a 32GB iPhone. I've got tons of movies and tv shows. Travel a lot (in Waycross, GA right now!) so it's great having that on my phone.

5. aggiesrwe03 thread starter macrumors regular

I gotta say I love mobileme all my contacts, calendar, and files in one place that I can access from anywhere plus it is the only email website that I can access at work through the secure proxy workaround I have had it for 3 years now and it's been worth every penny.

6. drewby macrumors member

drewby

Lol I can't access webmail at work either. Stuck with IE on windows at work though, went to MobileMe.com today and it says IE isn't supported, do you know if MobileMe webmail will work at all on IE?

7. xmtgx macrumors regular

AirVideo streaming is where its at, for me atleast. Any non-protected avi/mkv/mp4/mov etc.. streams over 3g/wifi no stuttering at all, and you can dl the files to your phone at anytime incase you know youll lose signal.

8. aggiesrwe03 thread starter macrumors regular

when that screen pops up here at work it gives me the option to proceed anyway we have ie 7 it works fine even though it gives me the un-supported page

9. aggiesrwe03 thread starter macrumors regular

ill have to check that one out if its avi though can you still DL it to your phone??