Will you take an external drive for more power or smaller/lighter hardware?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MVApple, Sep 24, 2008.

?

Will you take an external drive in place of a more powerful and or lighter/smaller?

1. Yes, but only if they make it more powerful.

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  2. Yes, but only if they make it lighter or smaller.

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
  3. Yes, either being lighter/smaller or more powerful.

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
  4. No, I need an internal optical drive.

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
  1. MVApple macrumors 6502a

2. iMacmatician macrumors 601

I'm definitely here. I'd much rather have a bigger battery and at least the option for dual HDs than an optical drive I rarely use. Plus 45 W CPUs (cheaper and more powerful) would be good too.

3. aleksandra. macrumors 6502a

I'm not voting since I won't be getting MBP anyway, but I think they'll keep it in Pro until they decide to ditch optical drives completely, or at least from all laptops.

4. Mactagonist macrumors 65816

Give it a bigger battery and making smaller and more rigid. The superdrive can be external. It could even be a nice brick about 2x the current external superdrive size and include: USB hub and a few ports, superdrive, ethernet all in one brick that wirelessly (WUSB?) connects back to the new MBP.

5. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

6. MVApple thread starter macrumors 6502a

Curious, what do you do that makes having the internal drive essential?

7. hayduke macrumors 65816

hayduke

I've had the same PB G4 for about 3.5 years and I have used the internal drive about a dozen times. It is a waste of space. If I want movies, music, etc. on my laptop I usually rip it on my desktop and then transfer. Hard drive space is so cheap and CD/DVDs are so slow that I can easily do without it. In fact, once there are updates I might just end up with an MBA, but I'll have to see what the new MBPs bring.

8. Shownarou macrumors regular

No way, my 15" Macbook Pro is my only computer, and I use it for my DVD-Player. I also boot-camp Windows XP and play games quite often. Not to mention, there really aren't enough USB slots on the system as it is..