Will you try before you buy?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by profmatt, Mar 8, 2015.

1. profmatt macrumors 65816

profmatt

When are you planning on getting your Apple Watch?

Will you order online as soon as possible?

Will you wait for reviews?

Will you wait until you've physically seen them?

I don't live near an Apple Store so I'm planning on ordering pretty much straight away. My only "worry" is getting the wrong size.

2. FatMax macrumors 6502

FatMax

Sadly, being from Norway, I probably won't have the option to buy it here on any roll out before Siri is available in my language.

But I'll definately buy one when I'm travelling!

3. Dave245 macrumors 601

I'm hoping Apple has the one i want in stock, i will then go to the Apple store try it on maybe buy a couple of extra bands.

4. BvizioN macrumors 68040

BvizioN

Am torn between 38mm and 42mm. Not sure if 42mm will look good on my small wrist. But otherwise, I would buy before I try.

5. Mikes1 macrumors member

Mikes1

6. KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

I will preorder my base model with a Sports Band. Hopefully SS unless Apple gets stupid with pricing. Fancier bands will need to be tried on in a store first. I hope to try them on in Berlin or Paris in May but will order online once I get home to not go over my duty free limits.

7. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Fortunately I live in NYC, so plenty of Apple stores I can run to. I'll order one if preorder is avaiable, just to make sure I get one. If I find that I like another model better upon seeing it in person, I'll try and get it exchanged.

Oh, and I'll order it with the black sports band, and I'll pick up a fancier band once the release madness has died down.

8. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

1.Yup
    2.Nope. Can review for myself.
    3.Unseen online pre-order for me:)

9. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

You can print out a size comparison :)
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1848231
    Picture is of my size comparison. 38mm on left 42mm on right.

Attached Files:

10. Lucifer666 macrumors 6502a

I don't know, but that big one looks HUGE.

I'm thinking less is more here :confused:

11. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Keep in mind the Doctor is 15 years old. How big a model looks is always relative to wrist size.

12. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

1.) Planning on getting it on Launch Day
    2.) Thinking about pre-ordering for in store pickup, but will camp out anyway
    3.) I won't wait for reviews, I want to be an early adopter! :D
    4.) The first time I'll physically see them will be after I buy it and unbox it :)

13. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

You can determine that by looking at the wrist?:eek::D

14. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

He has informed us his age a number of times. Hope you don't have him on your ignore list ;)

15. franzkfk macrumors regular

franzkfk

I'm 28 and I've tried the print-outs. My wrist is slim If I can compare it to my other friends with same age. And 42 mm looks great. Of course it's just a 2D pic and the real ones will be different but I guess that most people will go with 42mm.

16. ButteryScrollin macrumors 6502a

definitely want to try it on first to see what size watch and what size/type strap to get.

17. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

No, I only have one person on my Ignore list (so does 1 make a list???:D). I never had an Ignore list until this person wrongly reported me as trolling for simply quoting them and typing just one word: No.

I will almost certainly be able to remove them soon after launch day since they are not getting the :apple:Watch and will have no reason to hang around. Then I will be back to none.

18. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

This is a very good point.

19. Lucifer666 macrumors 6502a

Geesh, your so nice :)

20. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I hope that was sarcasm!

21. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

No, if so I would use [sarcasm] tags.;) Not sure if I understand. Are you saying I should just leave them on my Ignore List? Don't want to spend time OT but was asked about it so and answered with some embellishment. Feel free to PM me if you would like more info.

On Topic: I know I want a 42mm Sport with white strap. I hope for preorders so I don't have to fight a crowd. So no need to for a 'try before you buy' for me.

22. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I was thinking he's not going to go away once the Watch is released. He'll be hanging around, gobbling up every detail of what people think about the watch now that they have it in hand. I thought you would have realized that, so I thought you were being sarcastic when you said he will go away.

Anyway, enough OT. I do hope there will be preorders -- I plan to order two. One in 38 and one in 42. If I can persuade my partner to wear one, he'll get whichever one I don't use. If not, the one I don't use will be going back.

23. Bengy66 macrumors regular

No, I will purchasing via preorder a 42mm  Sport Space Gray unless the  Watch is $349 and the Sport is cheaper. I doubt this is the case.

I have a feeling the  watch with the link bracelet (my first choice) will be $700-800 range and that's out of my first generation budget.

IF the  Watch has the ability to be internally upgradeable and the  sport is not, then maybe I splurge.