Willl all this delay/waiting be mentioned by Apple at all

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Muro, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Muro macrumors 6502

Or will they present 1 or 2 new iPhones and never ever mention why it took so long. Especially given all the hystericy and almost the entire world is going mental, will they ignore it just like that?

2. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

What delay?

As far as their concerned publicly, there has been no acknowledgement of a new iPhone.

What is there for them to address? It's not their problem 'the entire world' is mental, their all doing that of their own accord.

3. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

They release all 4 iPhones in June/July and we are the fools for expecting iP5 to be out at that time? I get that nothing was written in stone but even if it was not a "delay" there is some reason they decided to change the release window.

4. Muro thread starter macrumors 6502

I think they sure do have a problem if they get to arrogant and don't listen or react to their custom fanbase/users. I know nothing is mentioned officialy but the rumours don't come out of nowhere.

Mine opinion is if they neglect to react on it the users can take this as a signal Apple isn't up to date with what lives amongst his users. To my knowledge the iPhone 5 is the first product with such a high anticipation level. Even here on macrumours people are filling threads everyday even if there is no news.

5. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

I think either one of two things will happen: either they will not mention anything about it at all and continue on like nothing happened, or there will be a very brief mention of the "delay" and then they'll move on like nothing happened. I do not expect them to actually dedicate a short section of the keynote or anything to it.

6. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

We are the enthusiast minority of their userbase.

Everything here is blown way oit of proportion.

----------

It would be very unprofessional for them to address something like thismdelay which isnt a ddelay, when 95% of their userbase is oblivious.

They wont mention a word about it.

7. Muro thread starter macrumors 6502

Think you're right and they will adress it not that much. Any other company wouldn't have the guts to stay this icecold and never release any news. Would have major internal breakdowns as they don;t know what to do with this situation. I don;t think there is really a delay in the sort of production problems otherwise it would hit the news. Just like with the delay of the white iPhone when the saw it had issues. I hope this won't affect Apple's reputation, then again this reputation is also what led them eventually to the top. Apple are some though nuts to crack. Respect, if they do show the iPhone 5 at the next event and say: "Here babies and now go play and be still".

----------

I don't know about the minority thing. Besides macrumours, all respectable Techsites, Carreers, Phoneshops, and even your day to day user is waiting impatiently on some hard news from Apple itself.

8. Pooshka macrumors 65816

9. batting1000 macrumors 604

Exactly. We only think there's a delay because we're used to a June launch / announcement. As said above, there is no delay as far as Apple is concerned. It's really all in our head.

10. Muro thread starter macrumors 6502

Don't call it a delay then but more an extended waiting term. And what made Apple so strong btw. They give it's consumers what they want and what they are used to.

11. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

What delay? It's only a delay if they promised they would release it in the summer.

Maybe it's because of the Verizon iPhone release? Summer was too little time so they wait until Fall.

12. Muro thread starter macrumors 6502

To underpin my argument about the iPhone 5 being the hottest topic right now. In another thread someones mentiones about Slashgear's prediction for the releasedate:

"If there’s one thing every single technology and mobile computing blog on the internet has an abundance of right now, it’s iPhone 5 rumors"

13. batting1000 macrumors 604

A release date nor an event date was promised by Apple, NOR have the given any indication of an upcoming event thus far. Analysts can say what they want, but Apple has said but a word yet. It would only be a delay if it was a situation like the White iPhone. They promised one at launch, but never fulfilled that promise till early this year.

14. Muro thread starter macrumors 6502

God...can't you guys read. It's delay/WAITING...with allt he phones being brought out in Jun/Juli, litteraly the whole world is writing about the iPhone 5, Samsung is almost brining out a phone every week....One would say it's normal people want to hear something concrete from Apple also of it;s a releasedate in 2012.

15. na1577 macrumors 6502a

Apple barely acknowledged the iPhone 4 leak, so I don't think they'll say anything about this. There's nothing to say really, it's a delay in our minds because we expected it in June, but to Apple everything is on schedule.

16. Muro thread starter macrumors 6502

Thats exactly what I said in a couple post earlier about the white iPhone, please don't try to bash me with my own words.

17. Dandrews524 macrumors 6502

apple has the opposite of a problem, its called 300+ BILLION dollars

18. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

A delay is very different from waiting. Apple knows how to market products. Sure, Samsung gets a phone out every week, but when Apple drops the ball, the amount of phones they sell in a week will destroy Samsung's units sold in a year.

19. AIP5 macrumors 6502a

Actually, we might be the enthusiastic few posting here on MR, but I'd say that the percentage of users out there oblivious to the entire thing is much less than 90%. I'd peg it at about 50%. The reason is that national media that generally reserve their airtime and internet pages for important stories (and also some very unimportant and frankly stupid ones), also tend to report now on Apple's new products. Heck, today's Yahoo front page had the Oct 4th event rumor article on it. This has increased "Apple awareness" over the past few years. And given that Apple's iPhone is always the center of attention when in the smartphone world, there is a high probability that those interested in owning a smartphone have heard of the iPhone. And given that these news websites now report on Apple rumors and such, there is a growing probability that the Apple user (or not) could have heard about the no new iPhone dilemma.

Take me for example. I didn't even know what MR or 9to5Mac was until this June! I've found my cousin, who has almost no idea how the tech world works, several times wondering why the next iPhone wasn't released in June. My parents, who are completely oblivious to phones, etc, were also asking why there was no new iPhone or news about lines forming outside of Apple stores this June. I found myself talking about the next iPhone with a college football player friend of mine who you'd never expect to be up to date with the tech scene. Even some unassuming people I met in various trips around this summer had some knowledge of the fact that there were no crazy Apple store runs for the new iPhone.

From my personal experience, the population oblivious to Apple stories is a much smaller number. Given how big of a name Apple has become, and how there are always stories in the media about a new iPhone or new Apple product, etc, the number of those oblivious is bound to be small. This press has helped expose the "oblivious" Apple users to some of the news and rumors of Apple.

I personally think Apple owes an explanation (or at least an acknowledgement) of why there was no summer announcement as everyone had gotten so used to.

20. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

The day to day user is not waiting on end for a new update.

Those that follow the tech sites barely make a dent in their overall sales.

If the average person was waiting impatiently, they wouldn't still be buying the iPhone 4 in record numbers.... they'd be waiting.