Willl Apple replace earphones?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gumball981, Aug 11, 2009.

1. gumball981 macrumors member

The microphone piece on my headphones is broken. The microphone doesn't work, and clicking the piece to pause/skip songs is broken as well.

It just happened one day, and before that even the clicking of the piece didn't always work.

If I took it to the apple store, would you think they would replace it?

2. dws90 macrumors regular

Supposedly, your headphones are under warranty for as long as the device they came with is. Your mileage may very, however.

3. Deadman64 macrumors 6502a

They will. I'm on my third or fourth pair at this point. Really crappy build quality but hey, I keep getting them replaced free so I won't complain. One time one ear stopped outputting sound, another the clicker wouldnt work, etc.

But yes they will, if your under warranty/apple care.

4. nfl46 macrumors 603

Yes, I sent mines to Apple. It took like 2 days to get them. I sent to defective ones back...if you don't send them back they charge 29 bucks to your account.

5. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

In store, they'll take down your claim and then if they have units in stock to be used as replacements they'll just give you a set. If not, they'll call you back in a couple days and you'll exchange them on the spot.

The latter was the case when my In-Ear units started grounding out against my ear lobe...unpleasant shocks and whatnot. Took 20min or so with the genius to get the claim setup since they usually tack headphone warranty claims to an iPhone of iPod, but my phone was long out of warranty.

2 days later, a new set and not a single electric shock :)

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

7. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

i hate them in white!, i want black ones!!!!!!!!

the in-ear earphones may be the solution, (yet their might be some unwanted ear wax, when u borrow ur earphones to people:D)

8. laughingperson5 macrumors 6502

You can get earphones replaced?!!?!??! Fack. Well.. There's 80 bucks down the drain. T.T

9. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

Well now, go to the apple store and get the old ones replaced. Then sell them on ebay for like 70 bucks.

10. danpass macrumors 68020

danpass

glad to hear.

my 6wk-old-3gs-pair-with-crappy-mic is now getting exchanged

11. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

Actually my Apple store was out of replacements so they just opened a retail box and gave me a new set same with my Dad's usb dock connector

12. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

Apple will fix or replace anything that came in the box, whether a Mac, iPod, or iPhone.

That means headphones, USB cables, mice, keyboards, etc.

13. Odid macrumors regular

What about the In-ear ones? Are those under warranty? Also one of the earbuds came off and is who knows where. Do they give you new ones too?

14. laughingperson5 macrumors 6502

Well, my mom pretty much threw out all of my broken earphones last month during her monthly clean-up. God damn it.

15. Ahiqar macrumors member

16. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

It could simply be your headset jack, which could be clogged up with lint. Check that out first before wasting trip to Apple.