Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jdryyz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2007
I finally decided I would upgrade to the latest version of Windows 10 on my Mac mini 2012 bootcamp partition. I did a clean Win 10 install a short time after it was first released but did not warm up to it and reverted back to Win 7. At this stage, I'm not as picky and just want to be sure I'm using the latest Windows available (at least on *this* machine).

The upgrade went smoothly. I also made sure the Apple Update control panel installed the latest bootcamp drivers for Windows 10.

I did not realize all was not well until recently. I can no longer see my external Mac OS Ext. (journaled) volume (not APFS mind you).

Did I miss something? Are the Windows 10 bootcamp drivers no longer able to see these volumes? I suppose I can try an uninstall and reinstall....but then can I even remove this "bundle" of drivers all at once?

jdryyz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2007
Bummer but not surprised. I'm sure I can rule out ever seeing cross-platform support for APFS too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.