Win 7 (64bit) and Blu Ray playback - HDCP problems iMac 27" i7

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by RealEvil, Dec 12, 2009.

1. RealEvil macrumors 6502

Hi,

I have a iMac 27" i7 8GB Ram. I installed Windows 7 64 bit. Everything seems to work just fine, except Blu Ray playback.

I have a LG BDRW drive in a 5.25" external caddy. When I try to play a Blu Ray using the bundled CyberLink PowerDVD HD software it says I dont have a HDCP display so it asks me to run a 'BD advisor' tool for more info.

That tells me that both the ATI 4850 card AND the display are not HDCP compliant. I know they must be so whats going on!?

Any ideas?

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

3. King Mook Mook macrumors 6502

Hi,
    You are going to need AnyDVD HD (http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvdhd.html and there is a trial version to test) and once you install that all of your problems will be solved. :cool:

Hope this helps,
    King Mook Mook

P.S. Running it in VLC will not help.

4. RealEvil thread starter macrumors 6502

But I should not need Any DVD HD... I have a legitimate system that As Far As I Know should support HDCP. I am not ripping a Blu Ray or anything... just playing it!

5. ma2ha3 macrumors regular

ma2ha3

none of apple made screen support HDCP. so you will never going to watch blu ray on apple made screen directly. Maybe you can find some other hardware which will send video wirelessly to your imac, using another type of software and watch via this way. the way you want seem to work with PC monitor only.

6. RealEvil thread starter macrumors 6502

I got it working. I simply had to downgrade the ATI Catalyst version to 9.7 (its on 9.11 now). Something to do with certified drivers apparently.

All works, just watched a bit of Star Trek 2009 movie. Nice.

7. ma2ha3 macrumors regular

ma2ha3

so cyberlink do not need HDCP? why did they force the thing to us?

8. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Sorry, but this is wrong. Are you aware that the movies you purchase on iTunes require HDCP to play?

Only Apple's external displays do not support HDCP.

9. ma2ha3 macrumors regular

ma2ha3

so are you trying to say, that mac pro with 30 inch external monitor cannot view movies on itunes?

but imac can?