Win 7 Bootcamp Driver Issues

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by imacolih, Apr 19, 2009.

1. imacolih macrumors newbie

I have recently installed Win 7 on my 17" iMac using Bootcamp. The partitioning went fine, so did the Windows install, but the Bootcamp driver disk refuses to run. I have tried 'Troubleshoot Compatibility' using every logical option, but to no avail.

This seems kind of wierd to me, as no one else has mentioned a problem like this.

I have:
    Retail boxed leopard, with 10.5.1 on the Disc
    Mac OS 10.5.6 installed
    Bootcamp 2.0
    Win 7, Build 7000

17" 2GHz Core 2 Duo iMac
    2 GB RAM
    160GB HDD, newly formatted, with 10GB for Win 7 (I am storing all of my Data and apps on an external drive)

As far as I know, Win 7 and Mac OS are fully updated.

Win 7 runs fine, but the lack of drivers means very little works. It can just about manage the internet...

Thanks in Advance =D

2. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Windows 7 isn't out yet and as far as I know bootcamp does not support it (as that would be illegal).

3. imacolih thread starter macrumors newbie

Uh, yeah, I meant the Win 7 Public Beta.

Oh, and it won't recognize my Radeon X1600, either

4. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Even though its a public beta other companies may not be allowed to release software for it since its still an unfinished product and could change.

5. imacolih thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, there are lots of people on MR who have installed it without any problems, and AMD have already started migrating some of their PC drivers

6. imacolih thread starter macrumors newbie

7. Stridder44 macrumors 68040

Stridder44

That is awesome!

OP, any Vista drivers should install and run fine under Windows 7 (they both share the same driver model). Have you tried exploring the disc by right clicking on it (right click --> "Open" or something like that). Then just click on the Boot Camp folder and find the installer.