Win 7 install errors

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by ouch3x4, Sep 19, 2011.

1. ouch3x4 macrumors newbie

Ive been searching for a couple weeks on how to fix this.

Tech Specs:

2010 Macbook Pro 15'
    OSX Lion
    Windows 7 Home Premium Install Disk

Before updating to OSX Lion my windows 7 partition would not load up and would show the folder with the question mark on it. I deleted it and waited until I got home with an internet connection to get Lion and reinstall.

After I updated, bootcamp would not let me creat a new partition, asking me to back up my data and restore the computer. I repaired the disk via the Lion recover HD thing and now I can create a partition once more.

Anyway, I create the partition in bootcamp and install the W7 install disk. everything loads, and at the first restart, the computer restarts and goes to a screen that says something like press any key to boot from disk, at this point, the keyboard or mouse dont work so its left to go on, and then the screen with the question mark folder appears and dissapears going back to the "press any key" screen. the prcess repeats untill I shut of the computer via power button. anyone have a solution :confused:

Attached Files:

2. pakho macrumors newbie

first of all sorry that i don't' hv a solution for you, coz i'm facing a similar problem.

i'm using late 2007 macbook pro 2.2ghz. i just update my os to 10.7.1 and want to install win7, after going through the partition after it restart it appear a folder with a question mark just like the first post, and flipping back and forth with normal apple logo ...... really dunno what's going on.... (BTW my super drive also not work)

3. iWind130290 macrumors member

At first, you've to check out if your HDD got problem. At start up screen, press Alt/Option key to force your MBP show up all OS inside. If your Mac OS is still there, boot into Mac OS and check out if it would be ok? Then reply here, i need more infomation from your bug to help you.

4. pakho macrumors newbie

my case is just install a new HDD and ram, Mac OS is install without problem.
    i wonder what does the icon of folder with question mark mean?

5. ouch3x4 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. ouch3x4, Sep 25, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2011

ouch3x4 thread starter macrumors newbie

So after playing around a bit, I got onto the desktop, and I installed bootcamp and such. Then it restarted and the flashing folder plagued me once again.

Edit: I can get into windows if I boot from the install disk...so I have to have the disk in my computer all the time I guess... any way to change that?

7. iWind130290 macrumors member

Boot into your Windows CD. When you're at the "Install" window don't click the "Install". Just take a look around left bottom side and choose the "Repair" line. After that, it'll show up an option to repair startup problem for the Windows OS.

P/S: If it still doesn't work, only Apple can help you =,=