Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brett8899

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 9, 2010
Hello,
I've got a 2010 i7 15.4 MBP, after installing boot camp drivers from MAC OS DVD, I could not find any option about how long to dim screen brightness. However, my friend's 13.3 MBP does have. What about yours, guys?

Dr McKay

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2010
Kirkland
Click on the battery symbol in the notification area, then click 'advanced'

This should bring you to the screen that enables you choose what your computer does in certain situations, in one of the options on the left it should let you create a power profile that lets you change everything to suit you, I know its in there somewhere, because when on 'balanced' my screen dims after 5 minutes.

brett8899

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 9, 2010
Click on the battery symbol in the notification area, then click 'advanced'

This should bring you to the screen that enables you choose what your computer does in certain situations, in one of the options on the left it should let you create a power profile that lets you change everything to suit you, I know its in there somewhere, because when on 'balanced' my screen dims after 5 minutes.

It does not work. anyway, thanks a lot!~

Dr McKay

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2010
Kirkland
Ok, refined version.

1. Click the battery icon.

2. Click 'More Power Options'

3. On the left, click 'Choose when to turn off the display'

On this window, you can change multiple settings.

PowerOptions.png

After you've changed the settings, save the configuration into a custom power plan, and ensure your computer is running the power plan.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.