Win 7 OEM CD, 16gig USB Flash drive, 10.9?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Hugh, May 10, 2014.

1. Hugh macrumors 6502a

Hugh

I have a Windows 7 OEM disk new in package. I only have 1 16gig USB flash drive and I'm in Mac OS 10.9.2. Before we get in the install instructions, is this possible?

I have Toast 11. Can I create a ISO using Toast 11? Using Boot Camp can I use a 16gig USB Flash drive, will it create a correct installer or will have to do this manually?

Hugh

2. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

You should be good to go.
    Bootcamp will copy the Windows 7 disc to the USB and make it bootable.
    If you select to, it will also download and save the support software (drivers) to the same USB so that the drivers get installed during the Windows installation.

3. pedromcm.pm macrumors 6502

Couldn't you just download the iso from Microsoft and use your password? (it has to be the same exact Windows version)

4. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

5. Hugh thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hugh

Actually the OEM version that I have, has SP-1 on it.

What I ended up doing is making a toast image of it and used 'BURN' to change it to a .ISO file. Man did it take a long time to make the USB Jump Drive install. :/

BTW: I did check to see about downloading the .ISO, but the only thing that I saw was for Windows 8.0 or Windows 8.1.

Hugh