Win 7 on Mini not detecting Internet

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by drummenace, May 30, 2011.

1. drummenace macrumors newbie

Ok guys, let's put on our thinking caps here. I need some serious forum assistance.

I have a 2010 Mac Mini running Snow Leopard. Using BootCamp, I installed Windows 7 32-bit Home. It installed without a hitch, but doesn't recognize my Internet connection. It states that it cannot detect the network adaptor.

What do I need to do to access the internet on Win 7?

Any help that can be offered would be greatly appreciated.

Dennis

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Unless you did and didn't mention it, you did not install drivers from your Mac OS X Install DVD. Both the Ethernet and AirPort card should be properly recognized after. Run Apple Software Update also to make sure there is no newer driver release.

3. drummenace thread starter macrumors newbie

Problem Solved!

Apparently Win 7 did not upload the driver for the Apple-installed Broadcom 57765 network adaptor (Nice touch!). SO....I had to go to Broadcom's site and download the driver, burn to a disc, restart in Win 7, go to Device Manager and update the driver from there. Pain in the can, but as soon as I updated it, the little red X on the network connection went away and I had the Internet.