Win logo in osx like the aple icon?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by deanops, Jun 13, 2007.

1. deanops macrumors regular

hey all,

can i do this??

Put a windows icon, like an apple icon when i write??

possible?

just a little appearence ting... but itll look cool

Attached Files:

2. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I assume you are asking whether you can put a graphic like this next to or below each of your posts. The two-part answer:

1. You are not yet eligible for an avatar (the images next to some people's posts). Once you are eligible (see the FAQ for details), you can use an image like those, as long as it meets the avatar size requirements.

2. We do not permit images in forum signatures (the text below the horizontal line underneath some people's posts). They would be too distracting to others reading the forums.

3. tominated macrumors 68000

tominated

i think he means on his desktop how when using an apple font, you can do the apple symbol. No you cannot do the windows symbol. sorry

4. deanops thread starter macrumors regular

ahh well... lol can i make one for it?

5. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

Not easily...it would require creating the character and adding it to the font. While the Windows symbol is not an option, you can go to :apple: > System Preferences > International > Input Menu and select the Character Palette and check Show input menu in menu bar. Then go to the input menu (the little flag) in the upper righthand corner and select the Character Palette...there are tons of characters you can add to file and disk names by setting the insert point and clicking the insert button on the Character Palette (just not the Windows symbol).

6. deanops thread starter macrumors regular

thanks for that....

close enough

Attached Files: