Win terboard messed me up, Help!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by trubendall, Oct 22, 2011.

1. trubendall macrumors newbie

I installed Winterboard on my iphone 4 with ios5 and now all my windows come up in 1/4 of my screen. This is a problem because of the obvious, but also I cannot uninstall because I can not click on the modify in cydia.

Anyone seen this? Can I get into safemode somehow to fix it (how do I get into safemoad without a crash?)?

I have tried to reboot with just boot, but still a problem.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

2. trubendall thread starter macrumors newbie

I figured out how to boot to safemode (using sbsettings/power), removed winterboard, but I'm still having the same issue. What else is installed with Winterboard?

3. Tech Elementz macrumors 6502

Restore to iOS 5 clean and re-jailbreak.

I think Winterboard released an update earlier this week to accommodate Winterboard in iOS 5.

Anyways, seeing as iOS 5 is still new for jailbreakers, give it some time before hacks and tweaks are working.

4. trubendall thread starter macrumors newbie

This was a clean install. I'm guessing you mean restore and not install winterboard?

5. n1k1t4 macrumors newbie

Try This:

If you have SBSetting installed, try going into safe mode and removing winterboard from Cydia. If not, your best try will be to re-jailbreak in redsn0w. Even If you haven't restored, re-jailbreak and everything should work. If not, then You'll have to restore...

6. trubendall thread starter macrumors newbie

I was able to get it working by installing the winterboard ios5 patch from cydia.