win xp drivers for 9600M GT

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by frijec, Mar 17, 2009.

1. frijec macrumors member

I've tried all sorts things, read all guides, read all posts I could find about the matter.

I can't seem to find a way to install new drivers for my graphicscard in windows xp 32bit.

Everytime I do it, windows die right before I get into desktop.

2. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

Start Windows, Insert your Mac OS X DVD, allow Bootcamp installer to run. Sorted.

Doing a Microsoft Update after you've installed the Bootcamp stuff will update your 9600 drivers to the latest version.
    You do know on a Macbook Pro Windows uses the 9600 automatically anyway?

3. lapino macrumors regular

Also try www.laptopvideo2go.com

4. frijec thread starter macrumors member

Yes I do know it uses 9600, and yes I do have the bootcamp drivers installed, but they are ****.

I've tried everything in laptopdrivers, nothing works. When I try the drivers found in any other post, it just crashes when loading up windows.

5. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

What do you mean the drivers are ****??

Drivers have little to do with graphics card performance, as long as you have the standard drivers installed. What exactly do you need alternative drivers for?

You know the 9600 is underclocked which majorly affects its performance? Overclocking it to its original designed operating speed improves its performance drastically.

6. user1234 macrumors regular

user1234

7. xilni macrumors member

xilni

The drivers from nvidia.com work with the mobile versions as well, so use those. I used them for my Boot Camp set up and games run perfectly.

8. Jottle macrumors 6502

How did you get them to install? The regular installer says that our 9600 card is not supported. Many have run into this issue as well. Should I try uninstalling my video drivers before installing the nvidia ones? (I'm talking about uninstalling the drivers that came with the bootcamp disc)

9. user1234 macrumors regular

user1234

You can use the Nvidia Mobility Modder to get the desktop drivers to install. I linked to a guide in my previous post that contains links and step for step instructions.

The mobility modder can be found here: http://www.driverheaven.net/nvmodtool.php

10. Jottle macrumors 6502

Is there any way to get this to work on the mobility driver package download? Or will downloading and modding the desktop drivers still install the specific mobility drivers for my card?

EDIT: nevermind. I used the dektop drivers and got it to recognize my 9600M

Thanks!