Win7 13"2011 Air. Where's the drivers?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by lokiju, Jul 30, 2011.

1. lokiju macrumors 6502

Never mind. Realized the folder on the USB called "windows support" has the bootcamp support files. Wasn't specifically noted anywhere that I saw.

I decided to give bootcamp a try on my 13" base MBA 2011 and installed Win7 pro. It ran through the process of downloading the support files and creating the bootable USB drive after I provided the iso. Did the windows install. Booted into windows and it loads but none of the drivers are installed. Since I have no OS X Lion install to point to in order to find and install the bootcamp support files/drivers and can't get online from windows to download anything since it doesn't have the wifi nic drivers, I'm not sure what to do next.

Where do I get the drivers from? Was it supposed to copy them to the USB win7 install somewhere?

2. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

I believe there is a setup.exe program in the Windows Support folder that will install all the necessary drivers.

I haven't been able to test this yet. But looking at the USB it looks like all the drivers are located in that folder.