Win7 64-Bit on Parallels - Screen Flicker

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by silverjam, Jun 26, 2012.

1. silverjam macrumors regular

I have run Win 7 in 32-Bit edition on my MacMini Server 2011 (8GB Ram) on Parallels 7 to date with no problems. But I installed the 64-Bit version on Parallels 7 a few days ago and have started using it instead but I notice the Windows screen then it is minimised (not full screen) like an OSX window starts to pixelate and flicker after a few minutes to a few hours. If I click the Start button in Windows the Windows screen clears and it is ok. I am wondering if it is a graphics issue? My monitor is a Sony Bravia TV so it is clearly capable. I never had this prob with 32-Bit and it doesn't happen on 64-Bit edition on my MacBook Air 2011 and Mac Mini 2011 (non-server) so it seems to be a MM Server Prob.

I know you might say it is the MM Server GPU as it is non-dedicated etc but it never happened with 32-Bit. Also the MB Air has an Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB while the MM Server has the same Intel HD Graphics 300 with 512 MB. So I am not certain it is the GPU. I think is is something to do with Parallels

Also it happens with Screen Share as well.

Anyone experience problems with Win 7 64-Bit on Parallels 7? More specifically with graphics problems?

Silver.

2. phillsm macrumors newbie

Same problem

I have a macbook air i7 with the new intel 4000 hd graphics card and have EXACTLY the same problem you describe.

3. silverjam thread starter macrumors regular

I have started doing tests on CPU/RAM/GPU configs in Parallels... so far no success.

4. silverjam thread starter macrumors regular

I've given up. I tried all options with Parallels RAM, CPU and Graphics configurations. Extra RAM for Windows, extra RAM for OSX etc etc. No luck. I can't figure out why it doesn't happen on my MBA which has the same GPU and with less RAM. If it is the Monitor (Sony Bravia 40" TV) well I can't change that. Anyway, I have gone back to Win 7 32 Bit. Win 8 is just around the corner anyway. I wonder what price they will sell it for now that OSX is going to be $19.99 (AUD). Probably $199.99 he he he.

Silver