Win7 64 - Driver Issue

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by creator2456, Jan 1, 2010.

1. creator2456 macrumors 68000

creator2456

I just grabbed a copy of Win7 64 through the edu discount deal they have had going on and installation went smoothly. Followed the directions here. All functions of the keyboard work fine after loading the Boot Camp Drivers from my OS X Install disk, that is until I go back to OS X and return to Win7.

If I restart from Win7 to Win7, there are no issues (after reinstalling from OS X Discs).

If I shutdown from Win7 and start Win7, the Drivers do not load.

If I go from Win7 to OS X to Win7, the Drivers do not load.

Is this an overall issue or a problem I am having it on my own?

Running on a new 17" uMBP 2.8GHz 4GB RAM.

2. creator2456 thread starter macrumors 68000

creator2456

I think I narrowed the issue down to the Boot Camp Control Panel not loading properly. The drivers appear to be good for most things except for the keyboard hotkeys. But not knowing the inner workings of tech stuff, I can't say for sure.

I'm going to try a fresh install of Win7 64 to see if that can solve the issues.

Input from others would be appreciated.

3. pknoot macrumors newbie

pknoot

Which Boot Camp drivers did you install? Are they from the Snow Leopard disk?

4. creator2456 thread starter macrumors 68000

creator2456

From the OS X Install Disc (bought late Nov.).

Everything seems to be loading fine so far. I still have yet to boot back to OS X, but restart/shut down from Windows is not causing a problem.

Not sure what I did different, but I'll take it.

*edit*

It was working. Don't have time to dig in deeper right now, but could installing stuff like iTunes/Safari & Plugins (flash etc.)/Steam cause an issue?