Win7: Can't see OSX partition

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by jakofharts7, May 9, 2014.

1. jakofharts7 macrumors newbie

I'm running Windows 7 via Boot Camp on a Late-2012 iMac with a 3TB Fusion Drive. I've successfully installed Win7 and have installed the Apple Boot Camp software, but I cannot seem to locate my OSX partition. The Boot Camp Help states that I should be able to see it. I'm looking under Computer in Windows Explorer. Should I be looking somewhere else to see it?

I have turned FileVault off as I heard that this can cause this issue, but I'm still running into the same problem. I've read conflicting things indicating that the Fusion Drive might be the problem. Can anyone confirm this, and if so, recommend a workaround?

Many thanks for any assistance.

2. jenzjen macrumors 68000

what happens when you reboot and hold down option, do you see a Mac boot disk

3. hallux macrumors 68020

hallux

I'm not familiar with Bootcamp, does the Bootcamp software include a utility to enable Windows to read/write to a Mac OS-formatted drive? Windows can't read it by default.

4. chrfr macrumors 603

Windows will not recognize the Fusion drive. Your workaround would be to use Windows in a virtual machine.