win7/MacPro Wireless Card Driver/Alternatives?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by whyrichard, Dec 31, 2009.

1. whyrichard macrumors 68000

Hello,

I have an '09 mac pro quad with an airport card in it... Having just installed windows 7 64bit I need a driver for that airport card...

Is a win7 64bit driver for apple's airport card for the mac pro?
    Is there an alternative... a usb wireless device, that will work with win7 64bit?

thanks,

r.

2. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

The driver should be on your Snow Leopard disc. Just run the bootcamp installer when in Windows.

Edit: The drivers are for Vista x64 but they should work fine in Win 7. The only one I would spend time hunting down is the Video Card driver as those are more finicky.

3. Transporteur macrumors 68030

The drivers on the Snow Leopard CD work fine for Win 7 64bit, I'm wondering though that you need to install them.
    When I installed Win 7 WLAN worked right out of the box. No need to install any drivers.

4. whyrichard thread starter macrumors 68000

hmmmmm....

I believe i did install the win 64bit drivers from the SL dvd... it went through the install process and I restarted and the whole process as it usually occurs with BootCamp.

I can see the available networks, it is just that when I try to connect to one it doesn't work... and when promted for some diagnosis it too is unsucessful.

I was wondering if settings were different somehow. When installing win7 i set it up for a public network, which it essentially is... could it be that the default public network profile somehow is prohibiting me from getting on an unprotected network?

thanks,

r.

5. whyrichard thread starter macrumors 68000

6. ildondeigiocchi macrumors 6502a

ildondeigiocchi

Yup... that's what allowed to install 64-bit version of the drivers.:D However, just look in Device Manager to see if you installed the drivers or not.