Win7 on macbook pro has problems with sound

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by magibbon, Jan 31, 2010.

1. magibbon macrumors newbie

hi,

i have a macbook pro 13 inch brought only in late 2009
    i very recently brought win7 to boot into as it is essential for my work

the problem is not with the mac side, it is when i boot into win7 there is no sound and it is impossible for me to work with out sound! i also have trouble with the trackpad and the keyboard. though, these problems are not present on mac os x

any help/solutions would be greatly aprecciated.

2. Bengt77 macrumors 68000

Bengt77

Maybe a silly question, but have you installed the new Boot Camp 3.1 drivers?

3. magibbon thread starter macrumors newbie

uhhh not sure. if not how would i get those

4. Bengt77 macrumors 68000

Bengt77

You can download the drivers for your OS from here. Make sure you download the correct version (32-bit or 64-bit).

5. Stridder44 macrumors 68040

Stridder44

That's just a link to the main Boot Camp site, not any specific drivers. And even then, those are only the update packages which are useless unless you've already installed Boot Camp.

You have to install the Boot Camp drivers from a Snow Leopard DVD (which installs Boot Camp 3.0). From there, you install the 3.1 update, which you can here: 32-bit and 64-bit. And that's all there is to it. If you want, you can go to the official Nvidia or ATI website to update your video card's driver to the newest driver, but it's not necessary. If you plan on doing any kind of gaming or video-related work, then it would be recommended.

After that, run Windows Update to get any other drivers that are out of date (which it will automatically find).

6. magibbon thread starter macrumors newbie

ok.
    though i think it may be more of a problem with the cd (hopefully)
    becuase i havent seen anyone with a similar problem on any of these kind of sites, sugesting to me that it could be more of a 1-time glitch.
    going on this, i have taken back the win7 cd for a new one and i shall reinstall

if this doesnt work then im out of ideas

7. magibbon thread starter macrumors newbie

SOLVED!!!

it worked finally and this is what i did:
    i downloaded the 32 bit boot camp update thing while on the win7 side,
    then i re-inserted the snow leopard disc (installation thing)

AND IT WORKED!!!!
    big win for me

thanks for all your help

8. Bengt77 macrumors 68000

Bengt77