Win7-OSX network is making me rage

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Bolteh, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Bolteh macrumors regular

So I'm running OSX 10.7 and my brother's running Windows 7. We're all connected to a network and everything worked fine before when I was running 10.6.x. but ever since I "upgraded" to 10.7 this entire network has gone down the *******.

Sometimes we can see eachother's computers in the network (and the shared folders that come with them), but most of the time we simply can't.

As far as I know, all the settings for both platforms are right. The workgroup is called "WORKGROUP" on both computers, SMB sharing and all the associated settings are set in OSX, Win7 has file sharing enabled as well as that 128-bit thingy for the NTLM-thingy etc.. And it simply doesn't work, even after rebooting both systems multiple times.

It's making me rage and part of me wants to blame Win7, but this hell started with 10.7, so I guess I should turn an angry eye to OSX for this one.

Anyone know what I can do (or redo)? :<

2. Hermes Monster macrumors 6502a

Hermes Monster

Try double checking your Internet sharing settings. From memory lion made some subtle changes in the naming of things in the settings so they may suddenly be incorrect (things like a box saying Internet instead of wi-fi) even though at first sight it seems the same/correct.