Win7 Print to File

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by CylonGlitch, Apr 20, 2011.

1. CylonGlitch, Apr 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2011

CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

Here's the thing. I have about 15 different copies of windows installed in virtual machines for all different purposes. Recently I had to switch to Windows7 for some testing. What I typically do is setup a Generic Postscript Printer that prints to a file; then take that post script file and open it on the Mac to create a PDF.

BUT with Windows7, MS changed the dialog box of the print to file; where you can no longer enter a path. Typically I used to enter c:\print.ps, then I always knew where it was. With windows 7, you cannot enter a path, just print.ps. But often the applications I use move around where they are executing from and the print.ps gets saved in that directory.

Anyone know of a way to install a better "File Port" to print to? I know I had one at one time under windows XP that let me browse to a directory, that was great, but I don't know how to get that back. :(

Anyone have this problem? Anyone know any solution?

EDIT:

FYI, I can print to c:\users\admin\print.ps

Sometimes I really hate MS, this is just stupid; give me a browse dialog box and let me save it any where I damn well please!

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member