Win7 RC x64 Install order - anything missing?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by sutom, May 8, 2009.

1. sutom macrumors newbie

Hi. I'm planning to install Windows 7 RC 64-Bit with Boot Camp on my Alu Macbook, and have read the BC instructions and various threads on here about the install process. However, I've seen people mention a few problems with updating BC to 2.1, and the latest nvidia video drivers. I just wanted to know if I'm forgetting anything I need to do, so I don't screw it up?:

- Start Boot Camp Assistant and set up the Windows partition
    - Install Windows 7
    - Install the drivers from the Leopard disc

My Boot Camp Assistant is version 2.0, and apparently need 2.0.1 first to update to 2.1. Where do I get 2.0.1 from? Do I need to update BC in OSX first, then install the Vista x64 BC 2.1 update in Windows afterwards, or is all the updating just for in Windows?
    Should I get the latest nvidia notebook drivers too?
    Sorry if this is really simple stuff, I just haven't had my MB for long.

Thanks for any help! :)

2. benthewraith macrumors 68040

benthewraith

The Boot Camp Assistant currently on your computer is correct. Install Windows 7, then install from your Leopard disk. Boot Camp will automatically update.

3. sutom thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. I installed Windows fine, and put the OSX disc in. It came up with the "Installation Error - Boot Camp x64 is unsupported on this computer model", so I followed the instructions in this thread (finding BootCamp64.msi in the disc). Boot Camp 2.1 and various other hardware drivers were installed fine.

Do I still need to run the OSX disc setup again, or is everything I need already done?
    Also there's one yellow "!" in Device Manager next to "Other devices > Coprocessor". And my Windows partition doesn't appear in the Startup Disk option box in OS X. Any way to fix those?