Winclone: Doesn't seem to be doing anything on restore.

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by siorai, Nov 21, 2008.

1. siorai macrumors 6502

I realized awhile ago that my XP partition was too small. I blame Valve for this. ;) With a bit of googling I came up with the plan of using Winclone to clone the XP partition, nuke it through BootCamp Assistant, remake the BootCamp partition, but a fair chunk larger, then use Winclone to restore the XP install. Most of it went fine. Most. Here's what I did:

- Winclone to clone the XP install to a separate drive
    - Restored system drive to one OSX partition
    - Added BootCamp partition

That went fine, but then I noticed that the partition was Fat32 and I'll need NTFS. I've got Fuse/NTFS-3G installed so I tried to Erase the BootCamp partition as NTFS. No go. It gave me a generic error which I wish I had written down. The next logical step was to throw my XP install disc in, reboot to it, go through the install process until I choose to format the disc as NTFS, then reboot back into OSX and use Winclone to restore. That's where I'm at right now. Restoring. Maybe. Or maybe not. This is where Winclone has been sitting for the last 15 minutes:

[​IMG]

The XP install is about 100GB so that might explain the length of time needed to restore. But my worry is that I'm not seeing any activity in the log.

Any suggestions?

2. siorai thread starter macrumors 6502

Gah... Of course mere moments after I post this, Winclone decided that it's finished checking the integrity of the drive and will therefore start logging everything including what it's been doing for the last 20 minutes.. :p

False alarm. Delete thread please.