Winclone issues, here is a new one

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Tman910, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Tman910 macrumors newbie

Dec 1, 2011
    Alright so like everyone else with this issue, I ran out of room and I needed to make more. After about three hours I decided the easiest was the winclone route, im sure you all know what im talking about. Anyways, after some trial and error I have made clone of my win and went to make the partition bigger, after all the appropriate steps. Now here is the issue though. It gets to 100%, it even says it then this comes up:
    100.00 percent completed
    Accounting clusters ...
    Space in use       : 33635 MB (66.3%)
    Collecting resizing constraints ...
    Schedule chkdsk for NTFS consistency check at Windows boot time ...
    Resetting $LogFile ... (this might take a while)
    Updating $BadClust file ...
    Updating $Bitmap file ...
    Updating Boot record ...
    Syncing device ...
    Successfully resized NTFS on device '/dev/disk0s3'.
    Unmounting /dev/disk0s3
    /usr/sbin/diskutil unmount "/dev/disk0s3"return value of unmount is 256
    output is disk0s3 was already not mounted
    =====Syncing GPT with MBR Partition Table, setting partition to bootable, and restoring boot sector==============
    "/Applications/" -f -w -m "/Volumes/FreeAgent GoFlex Drive/Test.winclone/boot.mbr" -a 3 -u -i 0x07
    return value of "/Applications/" -f -w -m "/Volumes/FreeAgent GoFlex Drive/Test.winclone/boot.mbr" -a 3 -u -i 0x07
    Utility to write out BIOS partition table from information gathered from GPT.  Also can write out Master Boot Record and active partition
    usage: gptrefresh [-vwfu] [-m mbr_path] [-a flag_partition] [-i partition_number,filesystem_id] disk
    	-v: verbose output
    	-w: write out BIOS partition table (does not write out Master Boot Record.  Use -m to specify Master Boot Record)
    	-f: force writing without any warning messages
    	-m: write out master boot record at mbr_path with partition table.  Does nothing if -w is not specified
    	-a: flag flag_partition as active partition (flag_partition must be 1, 2, 3, or 4)
    	-i: set partition_number specified with -a to filesystem_id (System identifier in MBR partition 
    Please help me, im a sad panda....
  2. Tman910 thread starter macrumors newbie

Dec 1, 2011
  3. joec1101 macrumors 6502a

Jun 29, 2010
    So Cal, USA
    Winclone DOES NOT work!

Don't even waste your time with it. You will spend less time doing a clean install than you will trying to get Winclone to work!