winclone problem

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by jjerez, Mar 30, 2012.

1. jjerez macrumors newbie

Jan 11, 2011
    Will try to be short. I done the clone of XP bootcamp 3 times so far with each HD upgrade, but this time encounter the following. to start the bootcamp assist no longer give option to create bootcamp partition or install XP, win 7 only, so I managed to created by trick it with my original win7 I own and stop installation. Now bootcamp is created. but win clone keep giving me the following error. on restore :" win clone could not set the helper tool to the correct permissions". and is over.
    Something to do with OS Lion? was good and done it like I said 3 times, when I updated to Lion the partition was already created by the previous OS. maybe soothing to do with Lion? FYI I had to update the clone app to 3.x because my previous version was not even started under Lion.
    I installed XP (I need it for special use) under Parallel but I am not sure at this time is will work as expected, I always liked the "Native" boot ONLY on XP with "Option" key. now will be under Virtual mode and I am not sure if will create problems.
    Any ideas?
  2. balamw Moderator

Staff Member

Aug 16, 2005
    New England
    Do you have admin rights on your Mac?

Can you post the error exactly, e.g. screenshot?

3. jjerez thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 11, 2011
    Admin Rights

As far I Know I am the administrator, I will attempt to include screen captures of your question.
    Thanks for your help.

Attached Files:

4. tentales macrumors 6502a

Dec 6, 2010
    updating to the latest WinClone 3.1(2947) version fixed it for me.
    good luck