Winclone

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by MagicThief83, Dec 24, 2012.

1. MagicThief83 macrumors 6502

Has anyone here used winclone to resize a bootcamp partition? I need to make mine larger. Is it a difficult process, and has it given anyone any issues afterwards?

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Which Mac, version of OS X and version of Winclone are we talking about?

I've used Winclone 2.x on 10.5/10.6 extensively, but things get a bit more complicated with 10.7/10.8.

B

3. MagicThief83 thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm using mountain lion and will use winclone 3.

4. rscheil macrumors newbie

rscheil

Resizing Boot Camp

Yes, you can use Winclone 3 to resize your Boot Camp to a larger partition. Make sure to do a file-based backup along with creating the Winclone image. There is a tutorial here: http://twocanoes.com/support/winclone/resizing-a-bootcamp-partition-with-winclone

Since you will be increasing the size of the Boot Camp partition, you can skip the step on shrinking the file system prior to imaging.

If you have questions or problems, please send us an email at support@twocanoes.com. Best of luck.

Regards,

Russell Scheil
    Twocanoes Software, Inc.
    twocanoes.com

5. TCaracci macrumors newbie

MagicThief83 did we solve your resizing issue?

In related news we have released Winclone 3.7 our current users can open Winclone and get all the updates automatically (or you might have to go to winclone tab and select check for updates).