Carrier Wind Mobile iMessage Activation + Jailbreak!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ganja24, Dec 26, 2013.

1. ganja24 macrumors regular

Can anyone confirm if they can get imessage activated with phone number on wind mobile since we now have root access? I have tried to edit activation phone number in unknown carrier bundle from +44... to +01144 but no go. I believe the digital sign is broken if a carrier bundle is edited. From research commcenter patch is required to sign the custome carrier bundles if edited. Any one else give it a try?

2. ganja24 thread starter macrumors regular

update*
    when i edit phone number in unknown carrier bundle. I loose cellular network settings menu where i input apn settings for wind mobile data. Trying to get imessage activated might be a challange.:eek:

I am sure plenty people here in Canada on Wind Mobile would be happy if imessage register with phone number.

3. ganja24 thread starter macrumors regular

If ask wind mobile why imessage wont activate with phone number they blame apple, ask apple they blame wind mobile.

4. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

I am glad to see someone else is interested in this as well. This is all that is holding me back from moving to Wind.

5. ganja24 thread starter macrumors regular

I guess we have to wait for commcenter patch to work with ios 7 so it can bypass sign checks for custom carrier bundles.

6. ganja24 thread starter macrumors regular

Update:

By installing tetherme editing carrier bundle is now possible, need to figure out which phone number imessage will register with
    When using unofficial carrier currently trying +01144... And 49988

7. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

8. linds15 macrumors 6502a

wanted to mention that i used this method (which is simplified a couple pages after the one linked) and it worked. process was quick and easy

9. VancouverGuy macrumors newbie

Hi there, I live in Vancouver... Would you be able to do this for me. I would pay you for this service. Please let me know.

10. linds15 macrumors 6502a

hey man the forum i linked to has a link in there with a guy who set it up for anyone to do!