Carrier Wind Mobile iMessage Activation + Jailbreak!

ganja24

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 9, 2009
Can anyone confirm if they can get imessage activated with phone number on wind mobile since we now have root access? I have tried to edit activation phone number in unknown carrier bundle from +44... to +01144 but no go. I believe the digital sign is broken if a carrier bundle is edited. From research commcenter patch is required to sign the custome carrier bundles if edited. Any one else give it a try?

ganja24

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 9, 2009
update*
when i edit phone number in unknown carrier bundle. I loose cellular network settings menu where i input apn settings for wind mobile data. Trying to get imessage activated might be a challange.:eek:

I am sure plenty people here in Canada on Wind Mobile would be happy if imessage register with phone number.

ganja24

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 9, 2009
If ask wind mobile why imessage wont activate with phone number they blame apple, ask apple they blame wind mobile.

trainguy77

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2003
I am glad to see someone else is interested in this as well. This is all that is holding me back from moving to Wind.

ganja24

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 9, 2009
I guess we have to wait for commcenter patch to work with ios 7 so it can bypass sign checks for custom carrier bundles.

ganja24

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 9, 2009
Update:

By installing tetherme editing carrier bundle is now possible, need to figure out which phone number imessage will register with
When using unofficial carrier currently trying +01144... And 49988

VancouverGuy

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2014
wanted to mention that i used this method (which is simplified a couple pages after the one linked) and it worked. process was quick and easy
Hi there, I live in Vancouver... Would you be able to do this for me. I would pay you for this service. Please let me know.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.