Window Dissappeared. What gives?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by tweaks, Dec 11, 2008.

1. tweaks macrumors regular

Ok I am a relatively new mac user and i have always had this issue.

For example: Lets say i have evernote or any other application open for that matter and i close it out (not quit the app)i hit the left side red x and i want to bring it back up again. I click on the dock of the app and it just sits there. I have to quit the app and relaunch it to get it back up on the screen. What gives? Is this just the way that it is? I am kind of at a loss of what to do unless i have to quit each time.

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Tweaks

2. JG271 macrumors 6502a

JG271

I'm pretty sure thats just normal. Try doing cmd+H to hide the app, then clicking on the app in the dock to bring it up. That way you hide all active windows instead of closing them.

As it is a third party app I suppose it might be different. Hope this is useful...

3. tweaks thread starter macrumors regular

very nice. I'll use it this way. thanks for the reply :) and I can use the apple, tab to bring it up!! Yay!

4. KD7IWP macrumors 6502a

KD7IWP

I haven't used the Evernote program, but with many programs, you can go to the Window menu at the top (if it exists for the application) and bring it back. For example, if you click the red button to close Activity Monitor, it only closes the window, not the app. Then you have to go to the Window Menu and select Activity Monitor to bring it back.

5. reclusivemonkey macrumors 6502

reclusivemonkey

Hit ⌘+n with Evernote in the foreground (without a visible window, ⌘+tab if you need to) and a new note will be created. This is the same with most apps. If you haven't quit, ⌘+n will make a new instance of whatever the app does, or ⌘+o to open in the app. Doing so will also make the app reappear. Quite nice once you get used to it =]