Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Merkava_4

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 4, 2010
California
When you move the cursor to the far upper left or right corner to reduce the window size, is there a way to turn that off?

I'm always moving the cursor to far upper left by accident and it's always shrinking the window down. :confused:

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
System Preferences > Dock > Minimise windows into application icon.

Is that what you mean? Because you can only resize windows via the bottom left corner or minimise it via the yellow circle button on the top left of a window.

1051n9u.png

Mac OS X Basics, Malware, Software and other useful links

Merkava_4

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 4, 2010
California
No, I don't think that's it. The window will shrink to about 1/2 it's size and then you'll see a dark desk top page around it. Jab the cursor into the corner again and the page will go back to its regular size immediately. Jab the cursor into one of the bottom corners and the window will disappear completely, leaving you with the open desk top.

It's a nice feature, but I just want to know which check box I uncheck to make it stop.

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
No, I don't think that's it. The window will shrink to about 1/2 it's size and then you'll see a dark desk top page around it. Jab the cursor into the corner again and the page will go back to its regular size immediately. Jab the cursor into one of the bottom corners and the window will disappear completely, leaving you with the open desk top.

It's a nice feature, but I just want to know which check box I uncheck to make it stop.

That's called Exposé and can be disabled via System Preferences > Exposé & Spaces > Exposé > Active Screen Corners.

If you want to learn more about it and Mac OS X' other features: Mac OS X Basics, Malware, Software and other useful links

2remvjk.png

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
Thank You! :)

I'm familiar with OS X, but I'm much more used to 10.3.9 ;)

Mac OS X 10.3.9 had Exposé and Active Screen Corners too, Panther even introduced Exposé, though the screen corners were disable by default.

Mac_OS_X_10.3_Expose_screenshot.png

Anyway, I had fun making the screenshot, actually my screen is riddled with shots. Hmm. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.