window phone 7 iphone theme!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by gapperonduty, Sep 24, 2010.

1. gapperonduty macrumors 6502

Attached Files:

2. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

I wonder if windows phones have bsod screens? Can these be mapped to display when springboard crashes?

3. gapperonduty thread starter macrumors 6502

lol, if there's a will, there's a way...why don't you figure it out and let us know!:apple:

maybe i should rephrase the question so i could get someone to help me out!

so some of the icons for the theme is 29x29 and named icon.png.
    Would the procedure of duplicating the icon.png and make it 58x58 and named it icon@2x.png make the icon now retina compatible?

I assume i have to do this for every icons there are, but just doubling the size, and keep both version of the icons so iOS could recognize and make the icons retina compatible?

any input would be helpful. I hope to make this for iphone4 since i am not sure if the original author would.

4. Corndog5595 macrumors 65816

You would need to redesign each icon. It is likely that the original creator has a PSD file at larger than the exported size. You could contact him, but if he doesn’t respond or only has the 29x29 icons, you can’t do much.

Scaling the icons will only make them look either the same, or worse than they did before.

5. Bakakage macrumors 6502

I'm making a black and white version of windows 7 for iphone 4, although with springjumps not working on ios4 and iconoclasms per page layout feature gone, it won't have the same feel. I'm also making a Zune HD one since I love the minimalism of the menu.

6. gapperonduty thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanx for the headsup, i thought i could just scale the .png file and it would be okay. Guess not, naive me!

Thanx for the info regarding iconoclasms and springjumps. I guess the theme wouldn't be the same unless i get my hands on the older version of those apps. Otherwise, i look forward to your black and white version!

Will email the creator to see what i can do with the theme...

7. Bakakage macrumors 6502

Keep in mind the older versions wont work with iOS4.

8. gapperonduty thread starter macrumors 6502

huh..this is true? I tried to use some elongated icon in i4 (320x96) and it is automatically resize and constrained in the 114x114 icon canvas.

Did i4 now remove the ability to use icon bigger than apple's square canvas for the icon and if so, is there a way around it?

9. Bakakage macrumors 6502

I gave up on making the theme, no you can't make it bigger than than the square canvas to the best of my knowledge and the list layout messes up the layout in my categories so I am unable to click any of the icons. Theres too many problems to make it work.

10. ranxoren macrumors newbie

thats really too bad that we cannot have an iphone4 version. I would pay 5-10$ for a theme like that for my iPhone4 cuz then thats the only theme i would ever need! :)

11. Flyinb macrumors member

Looks cool, but why would you want and iPhone to look anything like windows. To each his own but just curious.

12. gapperonduty thread starter macrumors 6502

It doesn't look like windows but the Microsoft phone! And the design of the UI for that phone is gorgeous! At least to me and to each his own! Check out the link to have a better Idea.

Anyway yea, too bad the theme can't be potted to iOS 4 anymore. ....

13. Cinemagic macrumors 6502

Ditto. I have to run Windows at work. Love getting home to a Mac. Can't imagine Windows 7 Mobile will be any better than any other Microsoft .........
    .................. product.

Sorry, I'm at work, needed to reboot. :)

14. lavrishevo macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

I don't understand the appeal. It is an atrocious theme.

15. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

+2.

That phone thingy they attempted to make is honestly the only phone I'd ever have to say: I'd rather have a flip phone (dumb phone) instead. The UI is incredibly bad. I can't imagine anyone wanting this crap on their iPhone.

16. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

A. Anything Windows on Mac product = blasphemy
    B. That thing looks hideous

17. gapperonduty thread starter macrumors 6502

ahhaha..whao so much dislike for the window phone 7 UI!

I like the varied design of icons ranging from square to rectangle yet they still keep some form of symmetry with one another, as compared to the barren layout of similarly squared icons on the springboard!

oh well....unfortunately we can't have it on iphone 4 now anyway so one less hideous theme for you guys :)

18. theNEOone macrumors 6502

I love the theme, plus the layout is very clever. Have you seen videos of how to navigate through the phone? It's pretty damn awesome. It's more "complex" than the simple homescreen/app paradigm that Apple uses, but it's far more intuitive and fluid.

So many things tempting me to give up my iP4. First android, now this! I'm getting all giddy inside.

=|

19. ranxoren macrumors newbie

yeah i hear you i LOVE my iPhone 4 but ive been tempted by WP7 as well as android so bad. The UI of WP7 makes iOS look outdated.

20. stevelam macrumors 65816

the best and only thing keeping the iPhone in the lead is the apps. The actual UI now pales in comparison to the new windows phone 7 OS. Anyone who can't see this is just a blind apple sheep.

I would absolutely love a win phone 7 theme for my iPhone 4.

Android on the other hand looks like absolute garbage with horrible quality apps.

21. Mike225 macrumors 6502a

Mike225

I tried a WP7 theme a while back.

It was okay, but the tiles were not clickable everywhere, changing tile locations was hard, and the bottom dock was still there, though invisible, so you couldnt click or do anything from there even though you could see the tiles.

Is this theme better?

22. gapperonduty thread starter macrumors 6502

i didnt try it...

because, talked about in maybe from the few posts up, or other threads, that iOS4 changes how winterboard works. So now the icons has this invisible canvas that will cut off any portion of icons OUTSIDE of that canvas..so you can't have those big tiles in the theme anymore...

plus...the dock can't be removed in iOS4 too so it won't be nearly as nice as the WP7..

this is the closest to something like WP7, using SBcategories to hide the dock, and using TWO custom icons for the text and the image icon...though still very far off from the real thing@

Attached Files:

• 4.png
      4.png
      File size:
      57 KB
      Views:
    • 5.png
      5.png
      File size:
      51.1 KB
      Views:
  23. Corndog5595 macrumors 65816

I can't stand the Windows Phone 7 UI. It looks cluttered, clunky, and mismatched.
    I'd rather have the horribly phone that I use now than anything running WP7.

24. romeo1 macrumors member

It's only a theme....show some mercy.Be funs not fanatics:apple:
    I think it is a very difficult theme to install properly anyway.