Window resize annoyance: wont remember set size

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by VoodooDaddy, Mar 7, 2008.

1. VoodooDaddy macrumors 65816

So today I went to look in my iPhoto library by right clicking the icon in Pictures and selecting "show package contents." When I did this the resulting window was very small and set in the upper left had corner of the screen. I have resized it 50 times and moved to the center of the screen but when I close the window and "show package contents" again it goes right back to how it was.

How can I get this to remember what and where I want?

Attached Files:

2. VoodooDaddy thread starter macrumors 65816

Come one folks, its been 11 days and not 1 person has any idea how to correct this?

3. mrkgoo macrumors 65816

This happens to me too. It's damned annoying. Interestingly, when I resize it, it does remember the size, but only vertical size. It always resets the horizontal size and position.

4. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

The first question you'll get asked is 'Why are you mucking around in the iPhoto Library'?

Second, it seems like new Finder windows will remember the orientation, but when you generate a new Finder window using Show Package Contents, maybe it's not responding. Strange.

5. mrkgoo macrumors 65816

Because sometimes it's easier to poke my nose in there to copy a photo out without actually opening iPhoto - for example, I want an unedited version of a photo - instead of opening iphoto, locating the photo, making a duplicate and then removing the changes on the duplicate, copying out the 'original', and then deleting the duplicate. Of course with the newer iPhoto '08, I suppose I could copy the changes made (unless they are crops), then reset, save, copy photo out, then reapply the changes.

Don't you think it's easier just to navigate into the originals folder and copy it out of there?

Or sometimes I like to check the iPod photo Cache size. Or generally just to learn how things are organised.

I know to avoid messing about in there, but sometimes it's plain easier to go through.