Window resizing problem

derm318

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 12, 2005
Whenever I open Safari or certain other applications, the window is too large for my screen. I then make it smaller so that I can use it. After closing the application and restarting it, the window is once again too large. Any suggestions?

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
derm318 said:
Whenever I open Safari or certain other applications, the window is too large for my screen. I then make it smaller so that I can use it. After closing the application and restarting it, the window is once again too large. Any suggestions?
The first thing I'd try is logging in as a different user (or making one specifically for this purpose) and running the problematic applications. Whether or not it works fine with the other user tells me whether the problem affects all users or just you (which in turn affects where I search for the offending file).

Comment

vasaz

macrumors member
Mar 23, 2004
MN
I'd also suggest repairing disk permissions if you have not... just open up "Disk Utility" and run repair disk permissions.

Comment

crees!

macrumors 68000
Jun 14, 2003
MD/VA/DC
Do you connect to an external monitor? I believe changing the display resolution and then changing it back will fix this.

Comment