Window Size/Position & Clamshell Mode

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by palebluedot, Aug 24, 2011.

1. palebluedot macrumors 6502a

palebluedot

This may be a dumb question or already asked (I searched and couldn't find anything).

Does anyone else have a TON of problems with Lion, clamshell mode, and a larger external monitor? I finally got my monitor to work with Tunderbolt via HDMI and I am noticing how bad Lion is with window management. Since the monitor is 1080p and my Airs is 16:10 1440x900 the window position gets screwy. When I unplug my monitor and take my laptop on the road all the windows are resized, in the wrong/diff position, etc. Vice versa for when I hook it back up.

Is OS X not capable of remembering window position on each monitor and scale accordingly? Is there a solution at all to this by chance? Thanks! :confused:

2. palebluedot thread starter macrumors 6502a

palebluedot

Also if OS X can't do good window management, does anyone know of a light weight program that can? Surely I'm not the only one who has had issues with using clamshell at home and the laptop screen on the road?? :confused:

3. timothevs macrumors 6502

timothevs

I too am curious about this. Did you find a solution?

4. palebluedot thread starter macrumors 6502a

palebluedot

I have not found a solution and it is getting pretty frustrating. Windows has always had decent external monitor management from what I have garnered and remember. A lot of folks use Macs on external monitors and as laptops, I wonder what everyone else does. :confused: