Window Stuck on Screen! Help!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by x ray, Aug 22, 2009.

1. x ray macrumors newbie

i really need some help here you guys.

i had firefox open and i was typing on another site. i opened the special characters window because i needed a unique symbol. when i tried closing that window, it froze. i proceeded to quit firefox so it would go away. it stayed on my screen though, even with firefox closed. next i thought my computer was just being buggy. so, i completely shut it down for a while and logged back on. the window is still there and won't go away.

here's a screenshot i took so you can visually see what's going on here: http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/5332/picture4dac.png

after the previous attempts didn't work i've tried completely removing firefox from my computer and redownloading it, which didn't work, and restoring my system, which also didn't work.

no matter what this window just won't go away. i really need help.

2. RangerFan104 macrumors newbie

You have to take it to a Genius Bar at the Apple store. If it stays it could be a virus of some sort and they might be able to remove it.

3. x ray thread starter macrumors newbie

ahhh, i really hope not. i live so far away from an apple store it's such a pain to get there.

just for curiosity though does it cost any money? do i just need to bring my computer screen (i have a g5)?

update: this is only happening on my account. i checked the other ones on the computer and they're fine. does this mean i can possibly just fix this somehow? or could i make a new account and transfer all the files/programs i have on this account to the new one?