"window" too big to see

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by elliebelly, Sep 24, 2009.

1. elliebelly macrumors newbie

i'm a switchover from a pc, and making the transition slowly

sometimes, when a new "page" "window" not sure what to call it in mac, opens, it's too large and the little handle thing to make it smaller down at the bottom right isn't viewable so i can't grab it to make the page smaller. have noticed this problem with both the skype profile and in photoshop. it's a pain b/c i can't click apply or whatever to get through that screen.

there must be an obvious answer here that i am overlooking?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Try clicking the green button in the top right corner of the window.

3. Bennieboy© macrumors 65816

Bennieboy©

try clicking the far right button on the top left, it should highlight as a + when you move your mouse over it, this should resize the window to include the button for resizing ;)

4. elliebelly thread starter macrumors newbie

i don't get the green button in either the skype or the photoshop windows, and i can't get zoom from the menu.

5. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Ok, I think you're talking about a Finder Window. That is where you see folders, files, programs, etc. to open.

You say you can't get Zoom from the menu. Does that mean you are going to the Window menu? That's where Zoom should be. What happens when you get the Window menu to drop down? Is Zoom there? Is it grey?

Maybe com.apple.finder.plist is corrupt. Answer the above, and then we'll deal with this some more.