Windows 10 '1511' November Update BootCamp Problem

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by hjdworld, Nov 15, 2015.

1. hjdworld macrumors newbie

After carrying out the new Windows 10 November Update on my mid 2012 15" rMBP networking doesn't work. I have tried redownloading the BootCamp setup package on El Capitan but there is some problem when carrying out the install option in Windows and my Macbook is left cut off from the internet. I get the feeling that Microsoft might have changed some build identifier or something so Apple's packages decide that the OS is wrong? Anyone else have this problem? Can it be solved or does Apple need to release a new set of driver packages?

2. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

This is NOT BootCamp issue.

My nearly brand new Dell PC works like a charm on Windows 10 build 10240. After upgrading to this fresh new build, I continuously suffer from disconnected wifi all the time. I can only connect to wifi in less than 2 minutes, and I am kicked out! :mad:

This issue wastes me the whole morning and, when resetting the PC, I cannot connect to Wifi in order to sign in using Azure AD account, which was possible in previous build.

Note this is a PC, not a Mac. I am pretty angry on this matter and I now have no idea what should I do.

3. hjdworld thread starter macrumors newbie

It is a very annoying problem but on my desktop PC I'm actually having no problems at all...

Only the Macbook is struggling. When I look in device manager it shows the bluetooth and ethernet devices as unidentified which is why I think it is an Apple driver issue and so wondered if any other Boot Camp users were having problems.

4. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

Well. Apple may need to update drivers to incorporate with Windows 10 new build. But as we know, the speed to release new driver is just "meh" so I dont think there will be any changes.

By the way, you are lucky that you have no problem. :( I cannot work as expected because of this.

I am seeking for a chance to use Windows 7 on this new PC to bring back to the old yet reliable time, and feeling.

5. freeuser macrumors regular

Had the same problem with my iMac 2012. After installing Threshold as an update, my iMac couldn't boot after the first of several necessary reboots with this update. Even Windows couldn't fix the problems, so beware of this update, but maybe related to my "older" iMac. And no, a new install with the Threshold DVD had the same boot problem.

6. SoyCapitanSoyCapitan macrumors 68040

SoyCapitanSoyCapitan

I'm happy I had no issues with the update on my Mac Pro with dual processors, 3 hard drives, 3 SSDs, Geforce GTX980, USB 3 card, Wacom tablet, Logitech mouse, etc

With such a complex non standard system I was a little worried that I would have to reinstall drivers but I didn't have to do anything except change some applications. Prefs.